Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query in Physical sample drawing procedure

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am trying to do the "Physical sample drawing procedure" for Goods receipt with reference to Purchase order with inspection type 01,

I have created the Physical samples for "Goods receipt" for Primary, pooled and reserve samples in QPR1

I have created sample drawing procedure, sampling procedure with sample scheme

I have assigned the sample drawing procedure in the Inspection plan.

When I create the GR, I am receiving the sample size as given in the "Sample drawing procedure" . But  My Physical samples are not getting calculated while calculating the sample size for the inspection lot

My issue is

1. Whether should we use "Physical sample drawing procedure" only for inspection type 15 or we can use this for normal GR with inspection type 01 also?????

Please solve my issue

J.Balakrishnan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member620323
Active Contributor

Yes you can calculate physical sample in Inspection type 01, 04, 15.

Inspection lot create with inspection type 15 manually.

Once you have created Inspection plan with SDP & Sampling procedure, Sample size & sample calculates aromatically.

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Sujit / Rahul,

Thank you for your solution, Let me conclude what I have understood regarding the Physical sample drawing

1. For inspection type - 01,04 - (Planned samples)

We have to create "sample drawing procedure" with "sampling procedure" and assign in task list and In the inspection lot ,samples will be created with reference to primary, pooled and reserved samples with automatic generation of "Physical sample" numbers. Here no need to create manual physical sample drawing procedure in QPR1.

Sample drawing procedure itself has internally generated physical sample numbers

2. For unplanned samples:

We can create manual physical sample drawing procedure in QPR1 and create inspection lot for these samples in QPR5 and do the RR and UD. This applies  for the materials with inspection type 15

Please revert back whether my understanding is correct

J.Balakrishnan

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You observation is correct & you can use in inspection type 01, 04, 05, 08, 02.

Sample Management doesn't use for Inspection type 10, 12.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes ,correct  .

Your understanding about planned & uplanned PS is now correct.

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Sujit/ Rahul,

Thank you. Issue cleared. Points rewarded

J.Balakrishnan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whether should we use "Physical sample drawing procedure" only for inspection type 15 or we can use this for normal GR with inspection type 01 also?????

>> Answer is yes ,SDP can also be used in conjucction with 01 or 04 also and need not to be for only 15.

Now follow below procedure:

1.Create a task list for 01 .

2.Assign SDP in task list header

3.Assign samling procedure against each of the MIC in task list.This sampling procedure should be "with sample managment"

4.Now create IL with qty higher than that defined in the sampling procedure & SDP

5.Now check QA02 ,After sample calculation ,physical sample should be get created "Automatically" and you do not have to creat the same in QPR1.