cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM tool is okay for textile business?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All Experts,

I am working with leading textile industry we are producing lots of products like yarns, bed sheets, towels, curtains, cushions, quilts, bathrobes, rugs as well much more as all we know that in textile home furnishing & bathing there is no limitations of products we are planning to implementing MDM tool for all these products but its good for us or not?

I need your opinions i know that this tool is very good for spares parts, Automobiles companies & steel industry but it's suits to textile or not till date i am not hearing that any leading textile industry has this tool so can we go for that or not?

Also we don't have any MDM consultant in our industry so we are not able to know about MDM's features like mass material master creation is possible or not so kindly guide me...

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Reena Patel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Reena,

As SAP NW MDM is a robust tool which can accomodate into any type of Industry. We can not conclude that it will not be usefull for Textile Industry.

As MDM caters Centralized Master data Maintenence, Mass Upload,Mass Syndication into different Remote systems even all these can be used under Textile Industry.

To start up with MDM we need to have a Repository, for this we have two approaches.

1) Create the Reposiory starting from scratch, for this you need to have business flow chart(tables and Fields used etc).

2) You can download standard content from SMP(I am not sure it is available for specifi to Textile Industry), later on you can customize according to the buisiness needs.

Also you will get Lot of study materials on SAP NW MDM on SCN , kinldy have a look.

Thanks.

Girish

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

muhammad_umar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

What type of industry you are using for spinning mills. For yarn production. Is it discrete or Repetative?

Thanks

Regards

'Muhammad Umar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish & Prateek,

Thanks a lot for replaying also i want to ask that you had hearing that any leading textile industry has this tool so it's easy to know that it's okay for textile or not?

Also send me some links you have for study....

Regards,

Reena

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Reena,

Its very much possible to Implement SAP across Textile Industry, kindly check the below link where it explains how exactly you can implement SAP, if so definitely SAP MDM also integrated with the same.

Its just playing around with SAP MDM tools and the same can be integrated across.

For more info on SAP MDM kindly refer SAP MDM reference guides and get to know about tools and try implementing the same.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/818037

Regards,

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Girish,

SAP is already implemented in my industry now we need to integrate MDM tool for material master creation....

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Reena,

Thats great, then go ahead with MDM, get in touch with Basis team in order to get SAP MDM on board.

Working with SAP MDM--

We have 4 clients with SAP MDM-

1) Console- where we can design and administer the MDM repositories and can manage servers.

2) Data Manager- helps in consolidate and harmonize the records.

3) Import manager- Helps to load the records into Data Manager.

4) Syndicator- Synchronize and sends the data into Different target systems(say ECC).

This way you can integrate the MDM into different SAP systems.

Hope it helps you..

Regards,

Girish.

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

As you already know, NW MDM is a very good tool for centralize data management and capable to integrate with heterogeneous sources for data maintenance of any type of Industry. So, Textile is also no difference.

Yes, am I agree that we have standard contents available for different domains like Customer, Product, employee,supplier etc..

But, MDM also leverages to have your own domain(Custom) with your specific data model related to the business requirements.

We are producing lots of products like yarns, bed sheets, towels, curtains, cushions, quilts, bathrobes, rugs as well much more as all we know that in textile home furnishing & bathing there is no limitations of products.

As you are maintaining different products so you may go with the standard repository with the necessary customization of attributes/fields according to the requirement.

Also, you can showcase these products in the portal for Online Shopping as MDM can also handle Rich product content(Images, Videos etc..) which is an added advantage for your customer as compare to their competitors.

Hope this helps.

Kindly revert if any further clarifications needed.

Regards

Prateek