Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing PDFs on iPad that are downloaded from SAP

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

[Migrated from the Syclo Resource Center]

murali   05/09/2013 17:02,

Hi,   If we have an attachment link for an Object in the iPad for Work Manager Application. Are there any restrictions on viewing the attachment directly from within Agentry Mobile Application on Client because of iOS restrictions in invoking other Applications.With RegardsMurali

Bill Froelich   05/28/2013 15:39

Murali,Yes there are more limitations on iOS with respect to attachments.   The attachments are downloaded and stored within the Agentry client on iOS.   They can then be "viewed" by opening a detail screen with an HTML control and pointing the control at the attached document.   You are limited in terms of what file types the HTML  control can handle.   I have successfully viewed Microsoft  Word, PDF and PNG files on iOS but have not tested every possible file type.   PDFs however seem to work just fine.  --Bill

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183953
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you  please explain how to download/upload attachments work when using browser from iPad. Since i know when you use browser on desktop and try download attachment it invokes the java runtime and then the upload/download happens.

So is this similar in iPad, Do i need to install the local java runtime environment for this?

Regards

Vikas

ray_isada
Participant
0 Kudos

Here's a few threads which addresses your question:

Attach Documentation - Uploading files to the Agentry Server - SAP Mobility - SCN Wiki

If you have any specific questions that's not in those links, let us know.

Thanks,

Ray