Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Designing PBs/ Dataviews

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a very basic question on designing planning books / Dataview:

We plan to activate KF specific locking along with (Do not lock read only KFs) .

Lets say I have several data views/Planning books to be created like:

1.History Correction View

2.Stat forecasting

3.Marketing View

4.Sales View

5.Consensus Planning view

6.Pre-SOP Planning

7.SOP Planning

8.Forecast Release

9. Budget and soo on...

Is there any reason why I should not create just ONE Planning book and place all the above as Dataviews in it instead of assigning these views to multiple Planning books..that is..1 and 2 within one Planning book, Marketing and Sales , another planning book and Concensus Planning to a new Planning book and so on...

Having it in one planning book makes it simple and easy for users to jump from one view to another instead of opening the menu path for planning books if it were created under a different book.

Also I am interested in knowing if each of these approaches has any bearing on Authorization / A User to Planning book (/SAPAPO/SDPPLKB)

Appreciate your inputs.

Rob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member458819
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You can Use same Planning Book For all.But if you want different to be Viewed by your Team and other Teams or other Business People then same data they want to view differently.in Such Scenario other team may not use the same Planning Book.Some Team needs Deep Analysis Some Want Overview.

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

There is no harm in having all in single planning book, but functionally they are different. It's just not about key figures, but also the characteristics used. While I will more interested to see data at Product Family level for S&OP planning, the same may not be true for Budget planning. I feel it's better to functionally group them and create the planning books & data views accordingly.

Thanks,

Rajesh Manoharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

If there is single planning area, then I do not see any harm to use one planning book attached with several data views (as you mentioned in question).

There are authorization objects available where you can can restrict the users by planning book- data view. For example: only responsible marketing users can see the Marketing data view.

Further you can check authorization objects in apo dp in sap note 400434.

Kind regards,

Mukesh