cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Task MXPERSON

Matt_Marples
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you have more than one search task On MX_PERSON?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

Interesting question. But AFAIK, my answer is NO.

But can you share with us on what made you to have such requirement. Just curious to know

Best  Regards,

Krishna.

Matt_Marples
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

The search functions serves two purposes: to support our process teams in dealing with roles request etc for identities, to support business users in updating their data that may have become out of date. The information to be displayed for each option is different and therefore a seperate search task is required.

Thanks for your reply is really appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

I guess you can have your system configured.

1. "to support our process teams in dealing with roles request etc for identities"

You can create a UI task (Ordered task) and provide the access to this task, only to the process team using which they can serve the role requests.So, the process team can login and search for identities in Manage tab. Can select an identity and do the changes to roles/privileges.

2. "to support business users in updating their data that may have become out of date"

You can create one more UI task and configure such a way that the attributes required for updating the business user's data. like in the point 1, restrict the access to the users who will be doing this using the access control tab in the UI task. So, when the user login, they can search identity in the manage tab. can select the identity, then choose the particular task and can do changes to user's data.

But my best suggestion for point 2 is, Since it is about updating the user's own data, its better to provide this task as a self-sevice task so that your business user can update the data on their own. Ofcoure, if your business permits for this option

Hope this helps !!

Best Regards,

Krishna.