cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Application Parameters for UIBB configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to configure an FPM application that uses the FPM_SEARCH_UIBB and FPM_LIST_UIBB.

The field catalog of the UIBBs cannot be set beforehand because they depend on the name of the table that is being maintained.

In order to do this I used an application parameter to specify the table name.

I try to access this in the GET_DEFINITION of the feeder classes by using a reference to IF_FPM.

Once i have the table name from the application parameters, I build the field catalog dynamically.

Unfortunately this dumps at the time of configuration of the UIBB, because an FPM instance does not exist at the time of configuration.

Can anyone help me with how I can access the application parameter while configuring the UIBBs - or - how can I configure a UIBB when it depends on an application parameter for its definition i.e. field catalog.

If not, maybe I am approaching this the wrong way and should not use application parameters for this.

Would any of you have a better suggestion as to how I can go about this i.e. use the same application / UIBB configuration for maintaining different tables.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Best Regard,

Sushma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushma,

I would like to suggest you to make use of  GET_DEFAULT_CONFIG method to set the field catalogue dynamically, because FPM framework already provided this method to generate dynamic component configuration in FPM application. This method get executed when you want to achieve dynamic field catalogue creation in your application.

Get the parameter value from FLUSH method and set it in attribute of the feeder and use it at the time of defining field catalogue for the search UIBB.

Note: Do not configure anything in component configuration, leave it as blank. Then only your defined catalogue will be displayed in your screen.

Thanks & Regards

Praveen Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I tried what you had suggested above and it works for the SEARCH_UIBB but I still face the following problem with LIST_UIBB:

I cannot assign the feeder class to the configuration.

Do you have a suggestion as to what to do with the feeder class?

Right now I get a dump when I assign the feeder class, because it still cannot find a field catalog. Not sure why it still looks for one when I have implemented the GET_DEFAULT_CONFIG method.

Best Regards,

Sushma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushma,

As you told your search criteria is depend on your structure, so in your requirement list field catalogue also should depend on your table structure or it is static.??

If this is the case then as like search GUIBB you have to implement GET_DEFAULT_CONFIG method of your LIST GUIBB.

Hope it will work.

Thanks & Regards

Praveen Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

The table structure for the list UIBB is also dependent on the same application parameter as the criteria for the SEARCH_UIBB.

I already implemented the GET_DEFAULT_CONFIG for the LIST_UIBB as you has suggested earlier on thde same lines as for the SEARCH_UIBB.

Unfortunately, I still get a dump when I try to assign the feeder class to the LIST_UIBB configuration.

Im not sure why this works for SEARCH_UIBB and not LIST_UIBB.

I get a dump when I assign the feeder class, because the LIST_UIBB is looking for a field catalog even though I have implemented the GET_DEFAULT_CONFIG method.

Would you have any idea?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Sushma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushma,

Approach looks fine. But problem may occur with the wrong GET_DEFALUT_CONFIG and GET_DEFINITION implementation. Put break point and try to see which part of code is giving dump.

One more thing have u configure any thing in configuration.

Thanks & Regards

Praveen Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushma,

Use the below piece of code in your GET_DEFINITION method and activate all the methods again and try it.

METHOD if_fpm_guibb_list~get_definition.

DATA: lt_table TYPE STANDARD TABLE OF ztable

* field catelog

eo_field_catalog ?= cl_abap_tabledescr=>describe_by_data( lt_table ).

ENDMETHOD.

With Regards,

Srinivasa Rao K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Just wanted to let you know, that I asked around and got an answer from an FPM expert. Here is his answer:

You have to provide a valid fieldcatalog at anytime, at design time without access to IF_FPM and at runtime.

Application parameters can't be provided at design-time because the  application isn't running.

So if your fieldcatalog depends on an application parameter simply use a default value for this parameter at design time and build your fieldcatalog based on this parameter at design time. And at runtime

use the runtime value => that's it!

So assuming you want to build an FPM version of SE16. So the application parameter is the tablename. Then at design-time you assume that the application parameter value is e.g. 'SFLIGHT'.

Thanks once again for your time and patience Praveen! You were able to help me with the search UIBB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushma,

It's good your problem got solved.

But as per your expert statement "Application parameters can't be provided at design-time because the  application isn't running".

You mean to say that you will not provide any feeder parameter at design time.

If you do not provide this parameter then how you will get default strcuture and create fieldcatalogue.

Thanks

Praveen Gupta

former_member210296
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also working on dynamic configuration of the search UIBB... and I am unable to make the search parameter as a dropdown since I am unable to set the attribute type.

Could you please suggest if it is possible to set the attribute types such as enumeration or text etc. in this method?

Answers (0)