cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Essbase OLAP universes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have built OLAP universes(both UNX and UNV) on essabase 11x cube and when the universe is used in any reporting tool I get no data to retrieve error, If I use the dimensions alone I could the data coming back but when I bring in any measures in the result set I get no data. Have you seen this issue and do you have any suggestions?

Version of  Business Objects 4.0 SP5 Patch 7 .

Thanks

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd recommend capturing the MDX select statement (either from logging, or possibly from query panel 'preview sql')  and running it directly against the source database to see the result.

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I captured MDX from business objects query and ran against source database, I was able to fetch data with no issues. One more thing I forgot to mention there is a sample demo cube is essbase upon which I was able to fetch the data with no issues, so the new question is there any setting which has to be enabled on each essbase cube to allow external access or something?

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

That might be a question better directed at the Essbase support forums, as i 'm unable explain why your custom cubes don't work .

regards,

H