cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger BIC Mapping Designer Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to figure out from where from Service Market Place can I download BIC Mapping Designer for Seeburger. We have AS2 1.7.4 adapter in our landscape. I have valid customer SMP login details but not able to locate the download path. If any further details are required please let me know.

I have tried a lot to get details from SCN but could not find anything. Kindly help pointing the location.

Thanks & regards,

Rajesh Shinde

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Please open a Incident to Seeburger with your login details on Self Service Desk. They will provide you the tool.

URL for login to Self Service Desk is below.

https://servicedesk.seeburger.de/portal/prelogin.asp

Please me know if you are not able to get this, I can send you this tool.

Thanks,

Shipra Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shipra,

Many thanks for your reply. However when I open the said link it ask for Client ID and Password. Can you please tell from where can I get these details ? I think they are specific to Seeburger and not SMP details. Is it possible to get from my SMP profile anywhere ?

If possible kindly send me the tool at rajeshshindes@gmail.com.

Thank you,

Rajesh Shinde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shipra,

I'm YongWan from Korea.

One of Korea customer has been licensed with SAP and their Basis installed Seeburger OFTP adapter, but he couldn't find BIC Mapping Designer as Rajesh's situation.

Could you please send me the tool as well ?

I really appreciate your help in advance.

Best regards,

Yognwan

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Yongwan,

if the customer has just licensed a "technical communicatiosn adapter", like OFTP, then the BIC-MappingDesigner will not be part of the Adapter-DVD

However, if your customer has licensed a package (like the Automotive-Adapter) which includes OFTP as well as teh BIC-Module, then the BIC Mapping Designer will also be part of that DVD.

Do you know which "package" is licensed at your customer ?

Kind Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Stefan,

The customer has just licensed a technical adapter, that is OFTP adatper.

if then, don't they have a right to use BIC Mapping Designer ?

According to your guidance, it makes sense that their basis could not find BIC Mapping Designer installation file from the Adatper-DVD.

If they have a right to use the tool, please let me know how to get the installation file.

Or if you have it, could you kindly share it with me ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Yongwan

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

based on the fact, that only the OFTP-Adapter has been licensed, the BIC MD is not part of the license.

Anyway, the BIC Mapping Designer only makes sense if you also hav the BIC-Adapter installed (the responsible adapter for the EDI2XML-Conversions)

Does your client have any requirements regarding file conversion together with the Seeburger-Adapters ? If yes, we could discuss separately....

Kind Regards

Stefan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

did basis team installed BIC adapter in PI? if yes then they can find the BICMD exe file BIC_MappingDesigner_win32_vm.exe in the installed Data folder.

Cheers,

Hidayat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hidayat,

I can see BIC adapter in Adapter Types list in Communication channel of ID. Seems Basis has installed it as per your comments. I will check with my basis team about this.

Meanwhile can you please explain how I can go to the said Installed data folder and get the file myself ? Which tool can I use for navigating there.

Many thanks & regards,

Rajesh Shinde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

do you have access to SDM tool. usually basis only have access to this tool. check with basis to locate the zip file like the name below

Retail Adapt.1.8 Seeburger UK SP20-25 51038586.zip. in this zip file you can see data folder there you can see BIC MD exe file.

Regarding contact to Seeburger, you should have separate user id and password to access seeburger service desk tool. check with your client they should have get email from seeburger with the userid and password details to access seeburger service desk. if not then request Client to contact seeburger to create a user id for you in the service desk.

seeburger service desk id: 

servicedesk@seeburger.de

Cheers

Hidayat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hidayat,

Thanks for the information. I don't have access to SDM tool, will check with BASIS team. Also will check with my client about Seeburger service desk access details.

Thanks & regards,

Rajesh Shinde

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

the BIC Mapping Designer is available on all Adapter-DVDs that include the conversion functionality, like

Generic EDI-Adapter, EDI-Conversion-Adapter or all Industry Packages (like Automotive, CPG, etc.

If you are only using the technical AS2-Adapter, the BIC MD is not included in that package. But as Shipra Gupta mentioned, you can open an incident with Seeburger or you can provide me with some contact information to discuss directly.

Kind Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stefan,

Thanks for the reply. Actually we have Seeburger adapters in our landscape since long, but I am new to them and has recently joined this assignment. My colleague had the BIC Mapping Designer but it suddenly stopped working and also not able to locate the installation.

Also I am not sure from where can I get the Seeburger Customer ID. Can we discuss this over gtalk chat or personal email ? My email id is - rajeshshindes@gmail.com. Please let me know if you prefer any other mode.

Thanks & best Regards,

Rajesh Shinde

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

the main question is, if you or your customer have licensed the adapters directly with SAP or with Seeburger.

If it has been licensed with SAP, then you should also be able to download the Adapter-DVDs directly from SAP Marketplace.

There is a SAP note existing that describes the area where the adapters can be downloaded.

http://scn.sap.com/blogs/seeburger_edi/2013/07/19/overview--important-sap-notes-concerning-the-seebu...

Hopefulyl this will answer your initial question...

I am trying to figure out from where from Service Market Place can I download BIC Mapping Designer for Seeburger.

Once you have downloaded the Adapter-DVD from there, there will be a directory "MappingDesigner" with the corresponding EXE-File to perform the Installation

Kind Regards

Stefan