cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM 7.2 MX_ASSIGNMENT ATTRIBUTE

Matt_Marples
Participant
0 Kudos

As part of 7.2 implementation I've noticed a new attribute called mx_assignment. This appears to hold data for privileges and role assigned to identities. Does anyone know what views i need use so I report from this attribute?

Many thanks for any help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keith_zhang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Matthew,

This attribute should be used for web UI task only(you can get more information from identity store schema guide) as Krishna explained, while if you want to get information regarding privilege/role assignment info from DB views, you can refer to views called idmv_link*(eg: idmv_link_ext).

MMC help documentation topic "Views for reference attributes" provides more information regarding these views.

BR, Keith

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

The MX_ASSIGNMENT is an entry reference, multi-value attribute defined for the entry type

MX_PERSON. Its purpose is to hold all assignments for a given user, both roles and privileges.

The attribute is used by User Interface tasks only !!

I had a quick check on the database to find out how this attribute values are managed/stored in the database. But my first impression is, since this attribute is  specific to IDM UI, i doubt whether it is stored in any table so that in a view.

But let me have one more try to help you in this, and also wait for our experts suggestion too.

Thanks,

Krishna.