cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Job - Stop just for one day without deleting it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a background job which runs every night.  Due to some testing being performed each weekend at the moment, we do not want this job to run over the weekend, just temporarily. 

I know I can simply delete the job and recreate it, but the job has 19 steps, all with variants and it's a pain to delete it and recreate it.

It is possible to just "pause" it for a couple of days?  Currently the job is in "released" status for tonight.  I still want it to run tonight, but not Saturday or Sunday and then continue as normal on Monday.

I'm aware I can use Factory Calenders to define irregular run patterns but this isn't really suitable in this case as it's just temporary.

Basically I'm hoping for a quick easy way to just hold the job for a couple of days!

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Paul,

Just GO TO SM37

job name = job you want to hold,

user name =  star (*)

job status tick the planned and released options >>exucute

you said the job has a status released.>> so tick mark it >>job>> released to sceduled

hence the status gets changed meaning to say your job is in "hold" .

Once you get back from the holiday.

go again to sm37

job name = job which was put to hold,

user name =  star (*)

job status >> tick the planned and released options >>exucute

tick the job which is in sceduled >> click on job tab >> click on change

click on start condition >> mention your desired day and the time>> save and again save.

The same job with same varaint and steps  will be released and run again.

Best Regards,

Nag

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Y to delete it.. Also I don't see how recreating the job is painful given that you have the job copy function available !!. Just select the job and copy it as many times as u want.

If I were you i would create 4 copies of this job making it a total of 5. Each of these 5 jobs will run with a weekly periodicity with the 1st one slated to start on Monday, next om Tuesday and so on till Friday.

When this temporary period is done and dusted I will delete Tuesday to Friday jobs and would change the periodicity of Monday job to daily !

hasanajsh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you check if this helps:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/865560