cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Chain for alert running longer duration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As per blueprint design , We are running a process chain for update CVC 5 times in a day for specfic region . Afterwards ,we had schedule a process Chain for alert monitoring based on specific region . In Production landscape , CVC updation process Chain runs after every 4 hours with user type APO_BATCH and alert monitoring process Chain also runs with the same user type only .

Here , problem came to picture that whenever i start my alert monitoring process Chain it runs for 2 days 6 hours to complete one cycle of run . It runs so because it having four subsquent process chain in which each having total 15 K to 30 K records for alert generation and its individual runtime takes near about 40 to 60 K sec . Based on this calculation , alert keep running for 2 times in a week compared to run once in a day and throw results.

As alert monitoring takes so much time we can't able to run the update CVC process Chain due to APO_BATCH user id locking issue . Reason is whenever  data takes transfer from Infocube to Planning area it get locked and throw error message for upadate CVC process Chain run .

My question is :

1. how i should reduce the overall runtime for the alert generation from 2 days 6 hours to 1 days or may be 8 hours .

2. If I want to run both parallel process chain for Update CVC and Alert generation then how to accomodate in one shot ?

Review the issue and suggest appropriate solution

Regards,

Sesh Kumar Sahu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try to take help from Basis & DBA is there long run time on Seelction tables ? if that is case create index on that selection table for PA.

The table name i slike /1APO/S XXXXXXX

you can check the table name for your PA in table /SAPAPO/TSAREATE

Create a Index like

create a new index on the table with

the fields MANDT, SEL_9ALOCNO, SEL_9AMATNR and SEL_Z* prod_loc

Thanks,

Chandra.

Thanks,

Answers (0)