Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how does delegation enhancement for application configuration work

p_k3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can any one please explain to me how does the feature "Create Delegation Enhancement" in FPM based Web Dynpro Applications work?

I am trying to enhance an application configuration HRMSS_HOMEPAGE_1 in order to change its URL parameters (I know there are other ways to change the URL parameters but I opted for creating an enhancement)

I started the configurator for the application configuration and clicked on the button Other Functions and chose Create Delegation Enhancement and created a custom name for the enhancement object. The system created a copy of the application configuration and I changed the URL parameters on the enhancement application configuration as per my requirement. After reading the blog http://scn.sap.com/community/web-dynpro-abap/blog/2013/08/09/team-wda-configuration-customizing-pers... I was under the impression that this newly created delegation enhancement will be called now on when ever I call the standard application configuration (you can find this in the section with heading What are Configuration Enhancements and how can I use them? in that blog Release 7.01 and 7.02). Also the work DELEGATION made me think that the requests will be delegated to this newly created enhancement. But in my case it is not happening so. The framework is still calling the standard aplication configuration instead of the delegation enhancement.

Can any one let me know how does the Delegation Enhancement of an application configuration needs to be called in the case of Floor Plan Manager based WebDynpro Applications

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

andreas_gall2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello P K,

a late answer but maybe it helps other users/developers to step into the same trap. I recently opened an OSS with exactly the same question.

SAP answers is that the delegation enhancement is only for the component hierarchy in application configurations. You can't take any influence in the application configuration it self nor the parameters.

Personally I find the help and documentation quite confusing if not misleading. Anyhow, I hope this helps to understand.

Kind regards,

Andreas