Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM - MDM connection

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are currently working on a SRM-MDM catalog implementation and we are facing a issue.

We MDM Catalog installed and running successfully for SRM Repository.

We have got a requirement where we need to access another repository(Say Repository B)  from the SRM system.

Now my doubt is,

1. Is it really possible to build two types of connectivity from a single SRM system to two different MDM repositories residing in two different servers?

2. If it is possible can we follow the same ECC-MDM connection between the SRM system and the Repository B.

Kindly pour in your expertise.

Regards,

Thamizharasi N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizharasi,

Same ECC-MDM connection can also be established between SRM-MDM with the use of Generic extractors as generic extractors can be used to extract data from SAP SRM, ERP and CRM system and send the data to MDM Server.

For Catalogs, special Repository SRM-MDM Catalog is built for which while fetching catalog data from MDM by SRM system, OCI mapping and other configurations from SRM side is maintained.

Regards,

Rimpy Kaul

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rimpy & Girish,

Thanks for your replies. However I was not looking for these inputs. I was just looking for whether the connection to extract the MDM records into SRM system will work, even after the OCI mapping. Anyways that seems to be really possible.

Kind Regards,

Thamizharasi N

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tamil,

As per my understanding, in a single SRM server we can have multiple Webservices for different server Repositories.

Which means we can call, Catalog repositories sits in different server into the single SRM Server.

Also We can take a step forward and do OCI mapping for those two repositories in UI, I just doubt can we display those catalogs in a single portal?

Regards,

Girish