Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capping receipts are not created in FITE_EXPENSES

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

business Scenario: There are several expenses in our process that are to be capped, if a certain amount is exceeded. For example the milage reimbursement. In an example, an employee issues a travel expense claim with a total milage of, let's say, 1000km. This results in around 250 Euro. However, since the traveler is only given the small milage reimbursement (PKWKL), the cap is at 150 Euro.

Example entering the data in PR05:

When saving the trip, a capping receipt of 100 Euro is created and everything's fine.

Example entering the data in PR05:

There are no capping receipts created, neither when navigating through the FPM steps, nor when saving the trip as a draft or sending it for further processing. Even when automatically or manually approved via PRAP/PR05 and automatically or manually settled via RPRTEC/PR05 no capping receipts are created. This leads to an overpayment and this happens for all capping issues.

I didn't find any Notes yet (searched for "Travel" "cap" "capping" receipts") and nothing else neither on SAPxSearch nor via google with site:sap.com.

Am I overlooking something or is this not implemented in the WDA scenarios?

Cheers, Lukas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Lukas

Its the first time I heard of it as capping receipts (but I know what you mean!) but hope i understand right here the customizing for mileage you defined the max scales etc and these are working in PR05 but not in Web Dynpro?

They read from the same table athough, V_T706F and are you using cumulative procedure here?

IMG

Trip Reimbursement Amounts
Reimbursement Amounts Travel Costs
  Miles/Km Cumulation
   Define Miles/Kms Cumulation

and check whether the table PTRV_KMSUM adds all the total mileage ? (Its also worth noting that PTRV_KMSUM is impacted in cumulation at time of settlement only)

but it really should be the same in PR05 and WDA! You are on 605 I think Lukas? I'll have a look and see if any notes around this and post back if so.

Sally

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

yes, you understood the problem correctly . We are NOT using cumulative procedure in V_T706F. The Table PTRV_KMSUM is completely empty (which makes sense IMHO, since we do not use cumulation).

Indeed, I forgot to append my system information >.<, here they are:

ECC 6.06 (EHP6) SAP_HR 604 Level 61, EA_HR 607 (HR-RENEWAL 1) Level 12. Netweaver AS 7.03 with ABAP Stack 731 Level 6. Using all available FIN_TRAVEL BFs (1-4).

Cheers, Lukas

0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Sorry it has taken a day or so to reply, I must admit I have drawn a blank on this mileage issue you have in Web Dynpro as set up some test cases in the Web Dynpro and each worked correctly in EHP6 system (Is this public sector also?) as it is a mystery to me why this will work in PR05 and not in WDA as there are no notes I can see that you might be missing.

Did you try setting a breakpoint oin FITE_VC_MILEAGE, I'd probably suggest starting there or do you have any implementation of TRIP_WEB_CHECK on the mileage that could be affecting it? (Is it the case the mileage itself actually correct but the reimbursement isnt)

Sorry not able to add a ton more here to help so far

Sally

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

thanks for the feedback, so originally it should be working; this is a very valuable information for me, since I haven't taken the time yet debugging the WDyn-Components - I'll be doing this now to narrow down the reason for the problem.

I'll keep you updated!

Cheers, Lukas

P.S. Yes, we are in Public Sector, we are using the trip provision variant D1 (i.e. German Law named "BRKG").

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

I've done a coding analysis now and I'm not sure whether we are talking about the same topic anymore. At first I've analyzed the dynpro logic in PR05, this is what's happening (might be that some english terms don't make sense now, I'm trying to translate the BRKG-glibberish to english somehow ;-/):

1. I'm entering a trip with the small mileage reimbursement (KWE) and an amount of 5000km (that makes 1000 Euro), once the trip is saved or simulated, a capping receipt is created for -850 Euro since the KWE only allows a maximum of 150 Euro:

2. in the WDA I'm also entering an amount of 5000km, once I navigate to the Receipts-VC I'd actually expect a capping receipt of -850 Euro waiting there for me, waving at me. Since this is not the case, I've debugged FITE_VC_RECEIPTS thoroughly but I wasn't able to come by likewise business logic as in PR05 that would create a capping receipt.

Did you mean exactly this is working in your EHP6 environment? If so, I'd really like to see a screenshot of it ;-/

Cheers, Lukas

P.S. I switched off all my enhancements during the analysis to ensure it's not "my fault" that it's not working as intended

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've raised a Support Message for SAP now.

Cheers, Lukas

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP has provided corrections for the small mileage reimbursement capping issue with notes 1866521, 1910404 and 1912033. Other Capping issues (accommodation + per diem) are still pending.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP now also provided corrections for the capping/deduction of the per diem reimbursements (MOREI D1) with the notes 1918589, 1924472 and 1965627. The issues with the accommodation reimbursements/deductions are still pending.