SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment lot transfer(read excel file/txt file)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Can I use fpb3 tcode to create a payment lot with some external file?

What should be the format of the file? Can I upload a txt or exel file directly from here to create payment lot?

Please kindly get back to me. Due to some system problem today, I need to create payment lots from excel file manually...

Is there any procedure to read the excel data easily. As the problem is only for today, we can afford to create  acustom program to read data.:-)

In FP05, i tried copying the data from excel file, however it is just copying first 19 entries or so.

Thanks in advance.

Lakshmi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can test the structure of the payment lot files from reports RFKKZEDG and RFKKZEDA .

How ever i feel the for this you need to make z-program to convert your excel file to the required format and store in some directory in al11 in sap . after that you can provide the path of the directory in FPB3  and identification to upload the file .

But i think as this is a one of case you need to use FP05 to upload manually , i believe you can update as many records as you want in FP05 and it is not restricted to 19 entries , but i think if you copy paste from excel at one go only 19 entries are copied , you need to scroll down in fp05 and you can copy paste more (as many as you want ) items .

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Lakshmi:

The documentation button in FPB3 provides the necessary details to generate a file. 

regards.

bill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can test the structure of the payment lot files from reports RFKKZEDG and RFKKZEDA .

How ever i feel the for this you need to make z-program to convert your excel file to the required format and store in some directory in al11 in sap . after that you can provide the path of the directory in FPB3  and identification to upload the file .

But i think as this is a one of case you need to use FP05 to upload manually , i believe you can update as many records as you want in FP05 and it is not restricted to 19 entries , but i think if you copy paste from excel at one go only 19 entries are copied , you need to scroll down in fp05 and you can copy paste more (as many as you want ) items .

0 Kudos

Hi santrupta pani,

Thanks for your time and for the reply.

Very true. Custom program for this case, I can't afford to ask them as it is a rare case:-)

I mean at a time I am able to copy only 19 entries. As you said, I can scroll down and copy 19 further more. But the things is my excel has entries around 1700. So for each 19 entries, I need to copy and scroll down. So roughly I need to scroll down 80 times. That's the reason I am looking for alternatives.

Do you have any idea, to copy more entries at a time.?

Thanks for ur time and efforts:-)

Lakshmi

0 Kudos

Lakshmi:

The only way to enable more entries to be included would be via a custom program using the templates mentioned in the documentation.  If you only have one lot with only 1700 entries, then manually doing so by paging down is your best bet. You could have been done by now

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thanku for ur time:-) I am quite new to CAX. So I am double checking if there is any procedure or not.

OR Am I using stupid methods:-) That's all.

Once again Thanku each and everyone for helping me to gain good insight..

Keep it up.