cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"To Be Delivered" msg status in IS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting "To Be Delivered" msg status in RWB > Message Monitoring > "Adapter Status". There are around 36 msgs stuck as the receiver system (SAP CRM prod) was down for some time.

Everywhere I found that for this "To Be Delivered" msg status we have to go to "http://<Host>:<PORT>/MessagingSystem/receive/<CONNECTION>/<PROTOCOL>" and resolve this issue. My query is what is the /<CONNECTION>/<PROTOCOL> parameter here and from where can we get it?

Thanks

Partha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

Were you able to resolve it? Can you please share the solution?

Regards,

Gavaksh Saxena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

My suggestion would be to confirm if the target system is fine or not.

Cancel one message, retrigger it via RWB. See if it successful. If not, then target system is still not avialable, and you cannot do anything to process these message.

If the message is successful, you can first stop the communication channel. This will move the TBD messages to System Error status. once it is done, you can restart the channel and resend System Error messages.

if even after stoping the channel, your messages stays in TBD, then you have to cancel them and trigger them again, either from RWB, or retrigger the idoc from the source system.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Gavaksh

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

If resend option didn't help, check the QOS (qua'ity of service) EO or EOIO . If QOS is EOIO, check the sequence number and resend the 1st message remaining messages will be sent automatically .

Regards

Hari.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

Try to resend the first stuck message in the adapter engine for this third party and the rest would automatically follow.

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

I tried to resend the msg from the msg monitoring--->Adapter Eng (Database) and it is giving me an error below:

Many Thanks,

Partha

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

Please reach out to target system technical team. It seems there is a problem at their end because of which PI is unable to send the mesages.

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

The target system (SAP CRM) is up and running. There are around 36 msgs stuck during the downtime. Rest all the msgs are comming. Any suggestions.

Thanks

Partha

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

Is the receiver system up now? In case it is up. Please go to RWB->messafe monitoring---> adapter engine(data base)----> put values for sender and receiver Business component ----> when messages show up in to be delivered status ----> try resend.

If this does not work cancel the messages after copying the payload into a notepad. Now again from RWB you can use the payload to re-trigger the messages.

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Is the receiver system up now?

Yes the receiver CRM system is up.

Please go to RWB->messafe monitoring---> adapter engine(data base)----> put values for sender and receiver Business component ----> when messages show up in to be delivered status ----> try resend.

I tried to resend the msg from the msg monitoring--->Adapter Eng (Database) and it is giving me an error below:

If this does not work cancel the messages after copying the payload into a notepad. Now again from RWB you can use the payload to re-trigger the messages.

Here my query is, the scenario that i am concerned with is a sync scenario where we are sending BP (business patmner) no to CRM using SOAP and the CRM is returning the details of the Business partner to the third party webservice.

In this scenario can we resend the msg by copying the payload? When I am searching help for this 'To be delivered' status SAP help it is saying I have to go to

"http://<Host>:<PORT>/MessagingSystem/receive/<CONNECTION>/<PROTOCOL>" and resolve this issue.

The problem here is no where it is given what the "<CONNECTION>/<PROTOCOL>" parameter is or from where we can get it.

Many thanks

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

From what i gather, the messages that are stuck are request messages from a 3rd party web service client. Is that correct?

In that case, the most likely scenario is that the client would have discarded these requests by now. So resending these messages would serve no purpose.

Having said that, for this specific issue, the <CONNECTION> is AFW and <PROTOCOL> is the adapter type you are using to connect to CRM. For example, if it is XI, use XI. If it is HTTP, use HTTP.

Hope this helps to resolve your issue.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Kapila