SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Reset Clearing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Folks,

There is a problem with reset clearing. problem is user has cleared a document with Reset clearing document. now we want that cleared item as a open item. when we tried to reset that cleared item it is showing "110000000820 is a reversal document or clearing reset - no new reset allowed".

so how can we make that cleared document as a open item. please guide me.

For further details plz find the attached Screen shorts.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I could see that you have cleared the refund document with a credit part of a reset clearing document.

You will not be able to do anything with the reset clearing document in your scenario.

Instead try to reverse the refund document through transaction FP08.

I don't think, it will allow you to reverse it  straight away, as it is cleared. 

However, if it gives you the option of reset all and post-reversal , then use that option to reverse the refund document.

This will reverse the RF document and open the RS cleared document.

Now, you can post a RF document manually with the same main\sub so that the GL entries are not effected.

If FP08 is not allowing you reverse, then the only option left is to create the original payable against the contract account.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I could see that you have cleared the refund document with a credit part of a reset clearing document.

You will not be able to do anything with the reset clearing document in your scenario.

Instead try to reverse the refund document through transaction FP08.

I don't think, it will allow you to reverse it  straight away, as it is cleared. 

However, if it gives you the option of reset all and post-reversal , then use that option to reverse the refund document.

This will reverse the RF document and open the RS cleared document.

Now, you can post a RF document manually with the same main\sub so that the GL entries are not effected.

If FP08 is not allowing you reverse, then the only option left is to create the original payable against the contract account.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Dear Amlan,

I have checked in FP08. it is not allowing me to reverse the document.

In below screen short there is a RF document (141000000009) which has cleared with document number 110000000911 this is the reason we are not able to reverse the reset clearing document.

please suggest how to overcome this issue in detailed.

please find the screen shorts of PRD server

Thanks,

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Hi Sri ,

I think Amlan is suggesting you to reverse the RF document , rather than the RS document , if that is not possible ,you can void the check that the RF document created ,and manually post  the credit item( whatever item created the RS  transaction) and put a clearing lock on this credit item , so that it wont be picked up in future refund runs .

0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

I went through the account that you have given and think that instead of reversing, user performed a reset clearing which create one reset clearing document,110000000911.

The debit side of the RS document cleared the Document no.800000309(105,453) and 10000012379  amounting to 179,342.00

The credit side of the RS document cleared the refund document, 141000000009.

Hope my above observation is correct..

Now, at this point, you don't have to perform any thing if you are not doing any further reversal of refund documents.

However, if at this point you want to perform some transactions with the refund document, then my question would be that I think the refund has already gone to the customer, isn't it? By reversing the refund document and creating another refund, are you not generating duplicate refund?

Anyways, if you have to perform some transactions against  the refund document, then the only way is to post two new credit items of equivalent amount of 179,342 with the combination of the same main\sub that have been used to post the previous documents no. 800000309 and 10000012379 through transaction FPE1 and then use them as alternate for the original payable document.

This will ensure that the GL are not under stated.

Hope it clarifies...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Dear Amlan,

You are really awesome.......

Your observation is correct. i have a doubt here.

1. if we post new credit items with same main/sub transaction, will it be create any problem in reports/ reconciliation.

2. how to use them as alternate for the original payable document.

Many many thanks....

Regards,

Sri...

0 Kudos

Please find my response as follows-

(a) The credit item is used to post a refund to the customer and hence is a payable document. So anyways, it will be reflected in any of the Accounts payable reports.

I don't think so it have any issues from a reporting/reconciliation end.

(b) The original document that was there has now been adjusted with a reset clearing and this means that as if there was no posting in the account.

So to negate this affect, just post a credit item of the same amount with the same main\sub combination so that the GL balances are not affected as well.

Once posted , mark them for refund as you have done for the original document and execute the refund run for the same.

Hope it clarifies...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thank you very much Amlan............

Regards,

Sri...

0 Kudos

Dear Amlan Bro,

If we adjust the existing open items with RS(Reset Clearing) document, and post new AB documents with same main and sub transaction, there is no update in Bank GL. The amount 183,886.00 is showing  as credited in bank account 2415131. if we do refund process for newly created open items(AB doc) then the amount will be shown double in bank GL account. So to skip this issue I have created a new main and sub transaction Like Main: ZPAJ (Payment adjustment) with GL 2373506 and Sub transaction like 0010 & 0020 with GL 2415131 and did the account maintenance. please find the attached screen shorts for your reference. 

Thanks for your support.... Please add your comment if any.

Regards,

Sri

0 Kudos

Entries look good...I could not see any issue....

Cheers,

Amlan

0 Kudos

thank you

Regards,

Sri