cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BOBJ 4 and SAP ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I need to conenct SAP BO 4 with SAP ECC 6. I have successfully created connection in IDT and it is successful.

There are 3 option to connection

ABAP Function

Global

Local

I just have a information that need to connect a customise Tcode of SAP ECC which is based on a program. i am trying to search this tcode (Y_Xx_XXX) and program on which this tcode is based (/TPISP/YGS6REPORTS) but none of this is existings in IDT.

Please tell me how can i connect to this SAP ECC Tcode in IDT . We need to fetch data from SAP ECC 6 from this tcode and need to bulid .unx and webi report on top of that

Any help will be appreciable

thanks

Parul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The T code likely refers to an ABAP Program (you can view through SE38 or other transactions).

The IDT connects to ABAP Function Modules (not programs), and even then, those need to be remote-enabled.  Those can be viewed inside ECC using transaction SE37

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am not a Abap consultant . Can some how we assign this program to ABAP function and connect to IDT .

i do have this program name of Tcode.

OR

Any other work around .

Any suggestion welcome

thanks

Parul

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot connect in IDT through an ABAP program

I recommend finding a similar ABAP function or writing a SAP query to find what you need

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

my customer is using this program only to fetch the data. I dont have an exposure in ABAP. Any guidance how can I write SAP query or ABAP Funtion to call this program in SAP ECC .

Thanks

Regards

Parul

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Parul, There are many learning materials on SCN on how to create a query.  Please search, per SCN rules of engagement.  Research the function modules as well and perhaps enlist the help of an ABAP programmer on site to help.
Former Member
0 Kudos

But we can use IDT to create universe on the top of ECC Infoset. Then log on to BOBI 4.0 using SAP ECC credential if the system is set to allow ECC log on. Am I correct and then use WebI to create reports on the top of SAP ECC?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create reports off an ECC infoset from a universe and then use Web Intelligence - the credential part is a separate question that I cannot answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes , u are correct .It is one of way to do this. We can connect via FM also. ECC t-codes are based on ABAP program which directly cannot be fetch in BO . TO call this program we need to create Abap function Module .

This Function module is visible in IDT as below example .

Fuction  Group is called Owner in IDT

Function Module is called Table under "Owner"

OR

Method of Function Module is also called Table under "Owner".

I hope this is helpful to understand second method

Thx

Parul

Former Member
0 Kudos

a quick check, I need import parameteres to be optional in IDT.  ABAPer has made changes in Code and checked the "Optional " checkbox. But in IDT it is still madatory

In IDT

Our requirement is to take date range from user . I cann't keep it madatory in Data foundation Layer

Any suggestion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep, that is the expected behaviour according to the user's guide. This should be fixed in 4.1.

BR

Victor

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear All,

I have created it successfully but it seems working on ECC Funcitonal module is bit different and some of the ECC functionalities are not fetched by BO in universe. (May be improving in coming version).

1) We have created a single Founcitonal module without multiple internal methords and temp tables So no need to join in universe.

2) we cannot pass multiple values in same field like we do in ECC.

I hope it will be helpful for others to know abt universe on top of ECC Functiona module

Thank s

Parul

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is a nice blog by Tammy explaining the process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for asking this Silly questions.

You are connected SAP BO with SAP ECC.

Q1. Do u have SAP BW server for SAP ECC Or are you directly conncted with SAP ECC?

Q2. What is the backend database for SAP ECC?

If you are using SAP ECC with any Relational database, then connect the database directly.

Otherwise connect SAP BW infocubes/infosets/multiproviders in IDT.

If u have Bex queries, then connect webi with Bex as a datasource.

Sorry if i worng.

Thanks,

Chandrakanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

connected to BW system is always a best option.

In our scenario we need to take data from directly R3 system. We are discussing issues which we are facing to deal with R3 data in order to make Webi report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Parul ,

Very Urgent!!!!!

We have received exactly the same requirement in SAP BO of extracting data from function module in IDT and creating prompt .

But we are unable to pull data values from BAPI function module . Initially we tried using selection parameters which did not work , hence we did a change in BAPI function module  removing all selection parameters but that too didn't  work .

Could you please provide your guidance on this issue urgently . We are stuck 🙂

Regards,

Swati

sandeepsinha327
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

I am also working on a similar scenario.

One thing which I found was if a Function Module is written and it is having some import functions then the report would throw error.

Please fetch all the data and then try to restrict it at the report level and then the report should run.

In my case the same happened while fetching data for fiscal year and as soon as the Import function was removed from the Function Module it started working.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sandeep