Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAML2 Error - No entity in with MODE SVP in client XXX found

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We execited Tcode SAML2; then enter all the necessary parameters and as soon as we pressed "Save" the system provide the following feedback

Error      Local provider can not be saved. You can get more information from the trace file.

Warning: Can not create external alias '/saml2/idpdiscovery/read'. It can be created manually using '/sap/public/bc/sec/cdc_ext_service'

When drill down further, via the Sec_Diag_Tool, I found the following entry (see below). Anybody has any idea what this is about?  I try drilling down to the L_SAML20_ENTITY->GET_ENTITY_FROM_DB code  and I understood that it's trying look for an entry in table "SAML2_ENTITY_L". Table does exist, however no entry is found within it. I thought it was created via SAML2 (after Save).

Thanks in ahead for providing any clues ...

SP (client 115 😞 Exception raised:

SAML20 SAML20 CX_SAML20_CORE: No entity in with MODE SVP in client 115 found. Long text: N

SAML20 at CL_SAML20_ENTITY->GET_ENTITY_FROM_DB(Line 236)

SAML20 at CL_SAML20_ENTITY->CONSTRUCTOR(Line 37)

SAML20 at CL_SAML20_ENTITY->CREATE_INSTANCE(Line 35)

SAML20 at CL_SAML2_CONFIG_UI_ASSISTANT->GET_LOCAL_SP(Line 3)

SAML20 at /1BCWDY/OJS62CEQ283RCORC2GZI->HANDLEENTER(Line 1516)

SAML20 at /1BCWDY/OJS62CEQ283RCORC2GZI->IF_WDR_VIEW_DELEGATE~WD_INVOKE_EVENT_HANDLER(Li

SAML20 at CL_WDR_DELEGATING_VIEW->INVOKE_EVENTHANDLER(Line 6)

SAML20 at CL_WDR_CLIENT_APPLICATION->NAVIGATE(Line 130)

SAML20 at CL_WDR_WINDOW_PHASE_MODEL->DO_NAVIGATION(Line 25)

SAML20 at CL_WDR_WINDOW_PHASE_MODEL->PROCESS_REQUEST(Line 115)

SAML20 at CL_WDR_WINDOW->PROCESS_REQUEST(Line 12)

SAML20 at CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK->EXECUTE(Line 77)

SAML20 at CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK->IF_WDR_RUNTIME~EXECUTE(Line 6)

SAML20 at CL_WDR_CLIENT_ABSTRACT_HTTP->HANDLE_REQUEST(Line 114)

SAML20 at CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK->IF_HTTP_EXTENSION~HANDLE_REQUEST(Line 85)

SAML20 at CL_HTTP_SERVER->EXECUTE_REQUEST(Line 594)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just FYI ... My problem is resolved. Basically, there's some missing entries from table VSSFARGS. After I transported the entries, I managed to proceed to complete my SSO settings.

HTH

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shuai_liang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per the error message, could you please go to '/sap/public/bc/sec/cdc_ext_service'

and create external alias '/saml2/idpdiscovery/read' manually?

Then try again the SAML2.

Best regards,

Shuai Liang

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion ... However it does NOT seem to help. 

When I first encounter the issue, I actually proceed to create and transported the SICF entries from another instance; so this entry is already in the system. However the warnings are still there.

shuai_liang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you mean the external alias '/saml2/idpdiscovery/read' was already existing in SICF?

Best regards,

Shuai Liang

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shuai Liang

That's correct. When I found the error, I actually tried transporting the entries from another instance (where I have success). So the entries exist as part of the External Alias now.

Regards

Damean

shuai_liang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Damean,

Regarding this situation, I think you may open a customer message to SAP support.

Best regards,

Shuai Liang