Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection for food processing

former_member385587
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Found a peculiar scenario for one of the upcoming plants of out client . It is food processing industry . The product is packed in packets automatically and every 30 minutes 2 packets are taken from the line and one is used for testing a set of parameters and the other packet is placed in the separate storage area.Once the packets are finally packed the entire lot will be released based on the result of the sample prepared from the different packets accumulated at the separate storage location . Want to capture both the inspection that is during packing and the inspection that determines the release of the samples. Any suggestions ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope, Packing process should be covered in Production module.

Based on that, you can create In Process Inspection lot & do the Quality test and Results recording.

Also, you can map with Final Inspection Process with initial sample qty of 1 pack & keeping large scope in MIC will give you the option of having more sample as per the requirement.

You can also create Physical Samples manually / automatically upon Inspection lot creation to handle that.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/be/00bbe1ca5311d2961800a0c930e04c/content.htm

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think I'd first try an early creation 04 inspection lot using  physical samples.  These act like inspection points and you just create a new one for each sample received.  You'll have to experiment with the pooled sample item but I think you should be able to get it to work. 

FF

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Crazy & FF

Can the scenario be covered in following way based on assumptions further stated,

1. Activating the inspection type 04 for an early inspection lot which would create the insp lot as soon as the production order is released with qty equalling the order qty.

2. Using insp type 89 for manual creation of insp lot, for two packets to be inspected, and based on these results previous inspection lot can be released to unrestricted (produced in 30 mins).

Assumptions:

1. Batch num is common for all confirmations/ packets.

2. One production order is completed in 30 mins.

3. Even if production order's total quantity is not confirmed in 30 mins, it is assumed that you assign different batch num for next period i.e one batch num/30 mins. Results in one inspection lot with total qty.

4. If different batch num are given to each packet, use QA16 to carry out mass UD to release the quantity.

Regards,

ntn

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you use an early inspection lot 04, you should get a new inspection whenever the batch number is changed.

Why are you using the 89?

If you use the physical drawing or inspection points, you can create a new "node" or new inspection point/sample for every two packets.

FF

former_member385587
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies .

Batch is not produced in 30 min . During the production run ,  2 packets are taken every 30 min and one packet ( Sample 1 ) sent for inspecting a set of inspection characteristics ( in-process inspection )  and the other packet ( Sample 2 ) sent to a designated storage location ( the packets will be accumulated till production is completed and a new sample ( sample 3 ) is created from it ) . Based on the results of the sample 3 the entire lot is released for un-restricted storage.