Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch determination in SD

shanum19
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have a query , Please  advise.

I am trying to test the batch determination process in SD. I have done the following

1. Created the material with ‘Batch management ‘ flag activated.
  2. Maintained the  sales area in the batch determination procedure.
  3. Maintained the entry in VCH1 transaction and maintained strategy .

I have created a delivery for the sales order where  I can key in the Batch that I setup using MSC1N .

My question here is when I click on Batch determination button in the delivery , I expect the system to propose the batches available for the material , which in turn will be choosen by the user. Can you advise what setting am I missing so that the available batches does not get displayed when I click on Batch determination button?

Note : When I click on Strategy info, I can see my strategy.

Many thanks

Sank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

Create Class with batch 23 and in characteristic enter planning date and Exp date.

Call the Class in Classification tab in MM02.

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are 3 main stages to the batch determination process:

1) Check that stocks exist (for example in table MCHB)

2) Check that the batch matches your selection criteria (maintained in VCH2)

3) Check that the batch in availabile according to the ATP logic (can be checked in CO09)

If you are brought to the "Batch Determination" screen, you should be able to press on the "Log" button. If you expand the entries in this popup, you should be able to see at which stage the batch determination failed.

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

go to VCH1  VCH2 based on your condition type , Execute then here check the field  selection type start of batch determination ,

here maintain the O,N

and also activate the automatic batch determination - in delivery level

regards

sankar

shanum19
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar , Hi Andrea,

I  will check your suggestion in the system and confirm you.. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar

Make sure you have maintained classification also for the batch in MSC2N with batch class type (023). You have to create the classification and then the values appear for you class number.

Have you activated the automatic batch determination for Delivery Item Categories?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sankar,

Can you please explain if you are applying Batch determination process then why you want to select the batches manually.

Regards

AG.

shanum19
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi AG , I have not activated Auto.batch determination in item categories.Hence need to click on the batch determination button in the delivery. Any idea why no batches have been determined?

shanum19
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi AG , I have not activated Auto.batch determination in item categories.Hence need to click on the batch determination button in the delivery. Any idea why no batches have been determined?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sankar,

In that case when you using F4 in the batch tab system will ask for the Class name and Class Type 023 below,give the name of the class and hit back button then another pop will appear with the options with search batch by Plant select it then put your Plant name and search.

Regards

AG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sank,

What is your strategy for determining batch determination? is it based from SLED?

make sure you have maintained classification also for material with batch class type (023).

thanks,

rhesas