SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reposting CO line items FM to GM

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi :

We are facing an error while re posting electricity cost from Common cost center on which posting had been made in FM . FM budget got consumed at the time of posting electricity cost. Now when trying to to allocate a portion of its cost to a statistical IO which is linked to Grant and sponsored class and necessary derivation rules for receiver are there too , system deriving all FM and GM (grant, fund, sponsored objects) account assignments correctly for business transactions like RKU1 ,GMC0 ,COFI but in last moments while posting the allocation ,system issues commitment item error message for both sender and receiver as shown in screen shots , it can be seen system has emptied cost center in sender and internal order in receiver so that is why appropriate commitment item could not be derived. I want FM actual to be reduced during this allocation process. My derivation rules for receiver allocation are there but wonder why system is emptying Cost center and IO fields at very last moments. Please guide .

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

How can you repost cost to a statistical order? I can only do that to a real order.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

How can you repost cost to a statistical order? I can only do that to a real order.

0 Kudos

Hi Ming:

Cost will remain in the cost center attached to statistical order. Poiny here is that IO should atleast get a debit and crdit nd its cost center must be updated due to reposting which is not even happening due to the error.

Regards

0 Kudos

Atif,

In OFUP setting, did you specify statistical object is allowed for FM account assignment derivation? Suppose you allow statistical object and in your repostings you have both real objects and statistical objects, then who trumps who? As always, the best way to figure that out is to analyse the trace log.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi Ming:

Only real object allowed is unchecked. I have analyzed trace log and and in it order field and cost center fields for receiver and sender gets emptied in final moments. Wonder why it is happening. When they get empties system can not derive FM account assignments.

Regards

0 Kudos

Atif,

Your receiver has both real and statistical object.In this scenario which object is supposed to be used in the derivation?  Please click on 'display log' to analyze the derivation steps being used. Maybe there are steps overwrite the CC and IO with empty value.

Regards,

Ming