SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Control in Funds Management versus Project System..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I need help and clarification on running availability control in funds management in an environment where Project system availability control is also in use. I need to know if AVC can be operational in both modules and the impact,if any. Also, what is the best way to integrate WBS into Funds Management AVC.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Kunle,

AVC can be operational in both FM and PS but will have an impact on response time as each document posted to a WBS Element will be subject to two separate AVC checks.

The way we incorporate projects into FM is through the use of the account assignment element Funded Programs. This account assignment is very similar to a WBS Element and by using Funded Program groups you can represent a project hierarchy. Funded Programs can be budgeted in combination with all other FM account assignments so you can have a budget by Fund, Fund Center, Functional Area and Commitment item. This is better than projects where you can only have a lump sum budget for a WBS Element.

Thanks

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shyam for the clarification. Is it possible to exclude WBS and Network related transactions from FM AVC? If yes, how can I achieve this?

Kind regards

0 Kudos

Kunle,

In AVC configuration, to exempt the postings you can create a budget AVC profile that does not create an error message and derive it for PS Postings by using the funded program as a source field or condition e.g.

IF FP is in Range XX THEN AVC Profile = No Error.

Thanks

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think SAP recommends using FM Funded programs and integrate WBS elements in order to retrieve PS details into Funds management, but in that case PS budgeting shoud not be in use

BR

Tarek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shyam...Issue resolved.

0 Kudos

Dear Kunle,

Can you please help in advising how this issue resolved, we are facing similar error.

We have activated in FMDERIVE, the function module: "FMDT_READ_ORDER_NV_FROM_FMZUOB"

But still when we are creating reservation "using MB21" and inserting the WBS , and while doing Goods Issue, system is not ignoring the funds management check and consuming the funds budget.

Have we missed maintaining some derivation rule?

Many thanks for your assistance

Sanjay

0 Kudos

Sanjay,

The derivation rule you have activated reads the FM Object(s) assigned to the network order from the table FMZUOB but has no direct bearing on AVC checking. For AVC checking there are additional derivation strategies in the IMG under Public Sector Management> Funds Management Government> Budget Control System (BCS)> Availability Control.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I have an AVC profile with a warning and I created a dummy funds center which was mapped in the FMDERIVER to WBS elements. With the dummy FC, no budget consumption on the WBS.

Thanks

Kunle