Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progress Bar

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

[Migrated from the Syclo Resource Center]

JPabich   02/03/2012 09:11,

Is there a way in Agentry to display a progress bar or some type of working display to let the user know that the data is processing?  Specifically on the iPad platform.

Thanks,Jenny

yangchen   06/18/2012 12:44

Update in our project.I successfully used this approach to display a few progress bars in our application. By using additional rules, I can control color of the progress bar as the percentage changes. And on our device, i.e., Intermec CN70 with Windows Mobile 6.5, there is no scroll bar associated with this HTML field so it looks good. But there is a scroll bar on the right hand side of this field on the ATE.By the way, any update on supporting simple chart/diagram/table on Agentry platform. I saw a bar diagram on a demo screenshot from a tablet. Hope to see this feature at SMC next month.Thx.-Yang

gary.mayes   06/21/2012 06:00

Yang,I'm really pleased to hear you were able to make actual use of this technique in a real scenario. I had only tried it as a test to see if it was possible, so very pleased it's been of use to someone else!!Thanks for posting the update, and like yourself, I do hope Syclo are able to provide a few more components covering requirements like this out of the box in a later release.

Gary

Jason Latko   02/04/2012 12:16

Jenny,Your suggestion is a long standing one that has been requested many times and causes trouble in many Agentry applications where the client needs to do a lot of time intensive calculations or data writes.  I found my original bug in the old system here from 2006: Details for #15224 - Display wait cursors when client is busy. I also added a note to the original bug in July/2011 specifically requesting this be implemented for iPad/iPhone.  It did not have a JIRA bug number (our new bug tracking system) so this bug may no longer be being tracked.  You can help expedite this request by calling Syclo Support and requesting that this old bug #15224 change request be added in a future Agentry release and be added to Jira.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at Syclo

yangchen   02/28/2012 12:34

hi, Jason:

Is there a way to online generate progress bar which representing progress of the work done in the applicaiton?To to be more specific, in the applicaiton, there are 20 tasks for the user to do. If they finish 10, a field of image can be generated with a progress indicated that 50% percent job is done. If they finish 20, a progress bar reaching 100% is shown. I know that, for this simple requirement, a calculated number can serve the purpose. But a visualized progress is easier to get user's attention instead of asking them to look for a specific number. In addition, one function I hope Agentry platform provides is to being able to create simple table/curve. With that, it is easier and more effective to present informations, e.g., historicial pressure readings. List field could barely serve the purpose, but it is far less effective in showing the trend or abnormality from those readings.

Thanks.-Yang

Jason Latko   02/28/2012 12:41

Yang,Automatic Graphs/Charts are in the works for Agentry.

I am not sure when they will be available, but they should be coming soon in an upcoming release.

Someone in marketing may be able to give you more information.Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at Syclo

gary.mayes   02/29/2012 10:28

Hi - this is more related to Yang's query.A while back, I was thinking that it must be possible to use the HTML field edit type to display a very basic HTML based progress bar and came up with the following:The HTML below uses 2 table cells within a 1 row table - the first of which is coloured Blue - the 2nd White.  By setting the overall table width to 100%, if you set the width of the 1st table cell to X %, the 2nd one will fill up the rest.So, to show a basic progress bar showing 70%, just set the width of the BLUE cell to 70%

If you put the HTML above in an empty HTML file - e.g. progress.html, and view it in a web browser, you'll see what I mean.To get this into Agentry to test it out, I created a new detail screen, and placed 2 fields - one with edit type HTML called "Progress", one with type String called "Amount".Create a new Update Rule for the Progress field, and use the CONCATENATE function to generate the above HTML, 1 line of HTML in each argument to the CONCATENATE function - but where it sets the width to 70, replace this with a reference to the Amount field - via the property browser.  ( :>Current Screen Set>Current Detail Screen>"Amount" Field)Lastly, for the Progress field change the "Domain List Contains" radio button to "Prohibited Domains" to avoid a funny about:blank error.Then when you run it in the ATE, you can type a number from 1-100 in the Amount field, and the width of the blue progress bar changes accordingly.This was just a test, so it's not perfect - and there are issues - such as:- Value of 0 causes the bar to show as 50%- ATE adds scroll bars to end of the HTML field - haven't tried this on any actual device so may only be ATE issue- It's a bit ugly looking!I'm sure this could be turned into bit more of a workable solution given time/effort

- but

for me this was more of a test to see if it was possible to begin with - haven't used it outside of my test application.I can't figure out a way to upload a document/image showing this solution to the forum so if anyone can help with that, I can show you screen shots.

Gary

Jason Latko   02/29/2012 11:11

Sounds really cool.

Use the File Attachments hyperlink above the save/preview buttons to add your screen shots.Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at Syclo

gary.mayes   02/29/2012 11:18

Hi Jason - was hoping you'd approve of my "Off Manual" solution ;-)Maybe attachments is only available for new posts, or to certain permission levels, as I only get "Subscriptions" above my save/preview buttons. And above that "More information about formatting..."Gary

Jason Latko   02/29/2012 11:48

Gary,Bummer.

Please send the screen shots to support@syclo.com and ask them to forward to me.

I will post them here.

Great innovation.

Good job!Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at Syclo

Jason Latko   02/29/2012 14:22

Images from Gary demonstrating his HTML-based progress graph.

Something to try - I wonder if we could make the graph actually show progress while looping over an object collection and updating the Amount field with the correct current progress percent via update rule?

I think I have tried something similar though in the past and found that the update rule did not fire until my inner loop completed, rather than after every iteration as would be required for this to work.The second rule correctly handles the 0 and 100 boundaries.

Thanks again for sharing this Gary!

yangchen   03/28/2012 22:59

hi, Gary:Thanks for sharing. This is a brilliant approach with what is availale on Agentry platform for now. Probably it will be a KB article.I will definitely give it a shot tomorrow and see how it looks.-Yang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any update as to whether a progress bar/icon is available now in Agentry?

Thanks,

Michael

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Michael,

Still not available.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Is it possible to have a progress/wait cursor in Agentry yet?

Thanks,

Stephen

sudhiranjan_lenka
Contributor
0 Kudos

This may help you.

-Sudhir.

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Stephen,

Unfortunately this still has not been implemented.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP