Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Implementation and Configuration

suresh_reddy47
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All Experts ,

Pls. guide me.....

Our project is completed to blueprint process,this project implemented to IHS,OH,WM modules,

Can you please explain me about this modules how to configure ,how to implement this modules..

I know the functionality like(i have experience in  SAP IDEAS system ,but i don't have any real time project experience)

What can i do my  first step .....All experts pls can u give me ur suggestions and guidance..

Thanks ,

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Implementing SAP is a game of money. The best way to stick on is to follow the implementation methodology ASAP (Accelerated SAP). The ‘Road map’ for this includes:

• § Project Planning
  • § Blue Printing
  • § Realization
  • § Final Preparation
  • § Go-live & Support

Every project whether it is SAP implementation or anything has a set of goals and expectations.

Project Planning: You create the project goals and objectives, define an implementation strategy, and develop a charter, project team. Primarily, in this period goes the prime communication between the management and the consulting company. Most information and key requirements are gathered.

Blue Printing: Based on the requirements and information gathered from the organization a blue print is prepared. Blue print refers to a combination of the AS-IS (How it is in the organization) and TO-BE (How it will be in the SAP system). The implementation/configuration of the system will be based on the blue print.

Realization: In this phase you configure the system as per the business requirements based on the Blue print.

Final Preparation: In this stage, you do the unit testing and do the required changes if necessary. The so called Z-reports are developed in this stage. The user manual, KT documentations, KDS, user training etc… are done.

Go live & Support: The system is released/handed over to the client. The Functional consultants monitor the system and give the guidance to the users. If any legacy data has to be uploaded or some BDC has to be created, it’s all done here.

Dear Suresh,

If you don’t have a project experience in this area, I wouldn’t advise you to configure the system yourself. You may do, but take guidance from an experienced guy. You may stick to the Best Practice documents for each of the modules you mentioned. SAP EHS is not an easy module to be dealt with. The more you get into, the more challenging it becomes. As you are up to the blue print stage, follow the next steps mentioned above.

Regards,

Chris.

suresh_reddy47
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chirs,

Thank you...Thanks for reply...

Regrades,

Suresh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx to all

former_member209335
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh Reddy,

This Question you want to ask your project manager or project leader. Not here.

However, In SCN already we have discussed more about project implementation and configuration. Have a look http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41109 this thread have a document in place for beginners in SAP EHS Management.

Edward

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Suresh

the "best practise" (which is mentionede.g. in the Link Edward mentioned) is "not complete". The options in the area of IHS, OH and WM are enlarged based on SAP release. The "best practise" approach is not considering that. Short overview about new features are shown here;:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-44643

If possible you should prepare a project plan in such a way that you introduce one module after the other (the sequence is not important as IHS, OH, and WM are not related to each other). But all of them use heavily EHS-BD or EHS-SAF.

Therefore as Edward mentioned. if you have a blueprint ready then you can use "Best practise" approach etc.

C.B.

former_member209335
Contributor
0 Kudos

Many Thanks for your kind Notice C.B.

C.B If you don't mind, i have one query for you?

Before starting the project we should prepare a project plan and it should be get approve top level hierarchy( this is include in client end also). i think, you know more then me.

is it work out to prepare a project plan in such a way now?

Edward

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Edward

if you check "wikipedia" and other places in internet you will find definition of a "project". You will fin many locaitons in internet on IS / IT projects as well (but at the end there is no "real" difference to other projects) I will not go deep in that. At the end: a company is planning an IT investment (in this case: here introduction of IHS,OH,WM module). Normally for planing something like that an internal company specific process to ask for money (the so called "budget) is used. In doing so in most cases the roles of "project leader, project sponsor, project manger, project team..." (all are "stakeholders) are clarified. Basis for this IT / IT investment is a "project plan". If you do not have "enough" ideas about that in most cases many companies uses so called "prestudies" to take care about that and to establish a plan But at the end you should have plan. by doing so you know which skill you need at which point of time and about costs etc.

Therefore: my answer is: yes: you need a plan (now or latter) in most cases. If you do not have plan:  don't start or your company might loose a lot of money.

C.B.