Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Project Implementation and Configuration

Dear All Experts ,

Pls. guide me.....

Our project is completed to blueprint process,this project implemented to IHS,OH,WM modules,

Can you please explain me about this modules how to configure ,how to implement this modules..

I know the functionality like(i have experience in  SAP IDEAS system ,but i don't have any real time project experience)

What can i do my  first step .....All experts pls can u give me ur suggestions and guidance..

Thanks ,

Suresh

Former Member
replied

Hi All,

Implementing SAP is a game of money. The best way to stick on is to follow the implementation methodology ASAP (Accelerated SAP). The ‘Road map’ for this includes:

• § Project Planning
  • § Blue Printing
  • § Realization
  • § Final Preparation
  • § Go-live & Support

Every project whether it is SAP implementation or anything has a set of goals and expectations.

Project Planning: You create the project goals and objectives, define an implementation strategy, and develop a charter, project team. Primarily, in this period goes the prime communication between the management and the consulting company. Most information and key requirements are gathered.

Blue Printing: Based on the requirements and information gathered from the organization a blue print is prepared. Blue print refers to a combination of the AS-IS (How it is in the organization) and TO-BE (How it will be in the SAP system). The implementation/configuration of the system will be based on the blue print.

Realization: In this phase you configure the system as per the business requirements based on the Blue print.

Final Preparation: In this stage, you do the unit testing and do the required changes if necessary. The so called Z-reports are developed in this stage. The user manual, KT documentations, KDS, user training etc… are done.

Go live & Support: The system is released/handed over to the client. The Functional consultants monitor the system and give the guidance to the users. If any legacy data has to be uploaded or some BDC has to be created, it’s all done here.

Dear Suresh,

If you don’t have a project experience in this area, I wouldn’t advise you to configure the system yourself. You may do, but take guidance from an experienced guy. You may stick to the Best Practice documents for each of the modules you mentioned. SAP EHS is not an easy module to be dealt with. The more you get into, the more challenging it becomes. As you are up to the blue print stage, follow the next steps mentioned above.

Regards,

Chris.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question