Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display of insp. point results in UD

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Forum,

We are working with phys. sample based insp. points.

In our old system, when doing UD in trs QA11, the system showed the insp. results of the last insp. point.

We are now moving over to another system and here QA11 shows the average insp. results for all insp. points.

How come? My user likes the old way of working.

TIA for any ideas,

Raf

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using 03 lots or 04 lots?  Certain aspects of inspection points are not supported for 04 inspection lots, including the averaging.  With 04 lots, the last inspection result is what is copied to the batch record but in the UD the average for all the inspection points is displayed.

For the 03 lots, typically averaging or not averaging is determined by the configuration of the inspection point identifier.  At the bottom of the screen you make the settings for the averaging.  If the check box is selected, the last result is used.  If it is not selected, it averages the number of inspection points defined in the line above the box.  Use 0 for all inspection points.

Read the F1 help for these fields for more details.

FF

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

Bingo! That's the setting that I was looking for.

My client doesn't use origin 03; instead they create origin 04 insp. lots early when the prod. order is released.

Anyhow, this setting is apparently valid also for origin 04.

Many thanks for the tip!

Raf

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are batch managed, double check what value is transferred to the batch record, if it is the average or the last value.  If you aren't using batches, it doesn't matter, but you never said one way or the other.   At one of my previous clients it was always the last value even though the average was displayed in the UD.  Because they also used early release 04 lots we had to do some development to have the average populated to the batch record.

Glad it worked!

FF

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you, FF.

The user wants to have the last sample on the CoA, so no problem there. We don't transfer results to the batch records, but we will test anyway how the prinitng pgm reacts. The pgm reads insp. lot results directly.

BR

Raf

Answers (0)