Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVDs for Solution Manager upgrade to 7.1

devendrassoni
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are running on Solution Manager 7.01 SPs 25 installed on Windows2008 and SQL2005.

For upgrading to Solution manager 7.1 SPS8, I didn't find any useful information in upgrade guide i.e. regarding which upgrade DVDs I need to download. Only information which I found useful is to use SUM instead of SOLMANUP.

I have generated XML file from my current Solution manager 7.01 to Target Solution Manager 7.1 SPS8.

Please help me on this.

Thanks & regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please use below guide to find what all DVD media that you will need for upgrade.

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000514202011E.PDF

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you generated your stack xml file in SolMan, it should of also added all the needed software to that user's download basket...so you shouldn't need to look for any software.

devendrassoni
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

Through MOPZ it has downloaded all relevant SP but not any upgrade DVD and I am sure it will ask for Upgrde export DVD, Kernel DVD etc. In the upgrade guide released on Dec-2011 it was mentioned all required DVDs apart from Stack XML file but now I am doing one more upgrade and this time in the Upgrade guide nothing is mentioned about DVDs. Therefore I am wondering which I should download and which to skip.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Last I knew the only installation files that you could obtain were 7.1 SR1 (aka Stack level 04); I would think of it this way, since you are upgrading if you are asked for the DVDs it is going to want the 7.1 media; so worst case you loose time downloading the files to have on hand during the upgrade...

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked Media Guide whose link I gave you earlier? It listed all DVD's that you will need during upgrade.

Thanks

Sunny

devendrassoni
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Yes, I have checked and based on that I will start upgrade. I will let you know about success soon.

Thanks

Devendra