SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appraisal Calculation using FM

Vinod_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using the function module ‘HRIQ_AGR_RFC_APPRMODUL_CREATE’ to create Appraisal data. This is working ok but I am facing couple of issues. Appreciate any help on this.

1. Like the PIQSMFU transaction, the Auto Calculation is not working. Due to this issue the marks are not aggregated to the top levels. Auto Calculation is turned on in the configuration.
  2. After creating the appraisal data using the above FM, I can find multiple records in the table PIQDBAGR_ASSIGNM for the same MODREG_ID. But standard transaction PIQSMFU is not behaving this way. There will be only one record for one modregid.

Thanks

Vinod

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinod,

System suppose to have one record per modreg_ID in PIQDBAGR_ASSIGNM. Are you using this "HRIQ_AGR_RFC_APPRMODUL_GETDATA"?

Thanks,

Prabhat Singh

0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

Thanks for the reply.

I am not using the FM you have mentioned.

FYI, I am not passing value in the field AGRID as I am creating the appraisal data. From the second records onwards I am using the field UPAGRID and pass the AGRID from the parent.

The hierarchy is as follows

Level - 1

Level 2

Level 2a

Level 3

Level 4a

Level 4b

Level 4b

Marks are entered at the Level 4 using the FM 'HRIQ_AGR_RFC_APPRMODUL_CREATE'.

Thanks

Vinod

0 Kudos

Vinod,

That's the issue.

You should not have more than one record per modreg_id in the table PIQDBAGR_ASSIGNM.

Thanks,

Prabhat Singh

0 Kudos

Correct. That is the issue I am facing. Please let me know how can I resolve this.

Hope I am using the correct FM 'HRIQ_AGR_RFC_APPRMODUL_CREATE'?

0 Kudos

I will suggest you to start from this function module "HRIQ_AGRSS_GET_APPOBJ_APPR".  For more help look into this class "CL_HRPIQ00APPR_SS_ASSIST" which SAP is using in Appraisal self-service application.

Vinod_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand from earlier posts that the FM 'HRIQ_AGR_RFC_APPRMODUL_CREATE' is used to create Appraisal. I appreciate any help on this.

Thanks

Vinod

0 Kudos

Vinod,

As per FM documentation, "HRIQ_AGR_RFC_APPRMODUL_CREATE" is to Create/Update Final Appraisal.

Thanks,

Prabhat Singh

0 Kudos

Prabhat and Vinod: we've been successfuly using HRIQ_AGR_RFC_APPRMODUL_CREATE to create/update all level appraisals since we started with it back in 2004 or 2005.

Note: the FM we use to retrieve appraisals is HRIQ_AGR_ASSIGNM_APPR_GETLIST

Cheers,

Michael

0 Kudos

Thanks Micheal. I could fix the PIQDBAGR_ASSIGNM table duplicate entry issue by not passing the MODREG_ID for the sub appraisals.

Also noticed that SAP is suggesting to use the FM 'HRIQ_AGR_RFC_APPR_CREATE' for the sub appraisals as per the OSS note 1135869.

When we enter the marks using the standard transaction PIQSMFU the auto calculation is working. But not when the data is entered using 'HRIQ_AGR_RFC_APPRMODUL_CREATE'. Have you faced this issue?

Thanks

Vinod

0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

as far as I remember, appraisal calculation is separated from appraisal creation, update and so on.

It is done by a calculation engine (ABAP class  cl_hrpiq00aggr_machine), which has to be instantiated and invoked separately in your ABAP-Code.

But there is also a RFC function module from the standard appraisal selfservice, which might word for you (though I never tried it).

You can try it: HRIQ_AGRSS_APPR_CALC.

Dirk