Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what are the prerequisites,to learn SAP FICO

Former Member

Hello,

I'm thinking to learn SAP FI/CO, but I don't have accounting knowledge and also my education background is computer science.

To get basic knowledge of Accounting, I'm thinking to learn Manual Accounting.

Manual Accounting knowledge is enough to learn SAP FICO course?

Please suggest me, what are the prerequisites are to learn SAP FICO.

Santhosh

10 REPLIES 10

shiva_13
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi santhosh,

Accounting standards required to learn sap fico.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

You need to be from a commerce background qualification as to understand the accounting terminology and the accounting flow. Apart from this you need to understand the logic how the data is flowing in the SAP system. Having work experience of 1+ years in the accounting field or any finance related field also will be of some help.

Please let me know if you have any queries in specific on this.

Thank you

@sk

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Reddy,

Not a problem to learn accounting and financial stuff but it takes much time to accustomed with all in depth concepts of finance. This is the real scenario with anyone.

You can justify ultimately, whether you can capable to do all these and keep it aside.

BR, Srinivas Salpala

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Santosh

Hard work is the only key to success. There is nothing like 'IMPOSSIBLE'. Try reading the same world as I-M-Possible (I made possible). There are many friends of mine with Science background but completed with me ICWA and presently working in very good positions in Finance and Accounts fields.

But the baseline is Hard Work. Yes it is right to say if you can work in any of the Accounts field it will be easier for you to understand terminology used in the study materials.

So, be honest to you, work hard and get it.

NB: Better if you put this query in 'Carriers Forum' to get best suggestions on it.

Best of luck.

Regards

Rajneesh Saxena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Santosh,

Try to learn accounting fundamentals and work in an Audit firm or in finance department for at least one year. 

As advised by Rajneesh, Hard work is the only key to success.

You need to sincerely work hard to learn continuously  to become a successful Consultant.

Best of luck

Vivek

0 Kudos

Hello,
Priya Here,
I also don't have accounting qualification, did Tally ERP 9 Course after completed Bachelors of Arts degree and working in kids wear manufacturing company as a accountant but only have basic understanding of accounting. So Am I eligible to become SAP FICO Consultant? Will I get job opportunities?