cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM 7.0 update to EhP3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I want to update CRM7.0 to EhP3 but xml provided from mopz does not work. Is there a way to do it from SPAM?

Thx

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot do Enhancement Packages from SPAM.

What is the problem with your xml file?...

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Error: Some of the
    archives defined in the stack configuration file were not found in the
    download directory.

This is the error with the XML.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, seem like you have not place the files selected by MOPZ into the download directory

Regards, Juan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

And the reason why the stack file doesn't work ?

It is not possible to upgrade without a stack file.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to update without a stack file? cant use spam/saint

thx

chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

You really need to fix LMDB with the correct definitions.  Then MOPZ will generate the correct XML and then the EHP will work.  Doing anything else is doomed to failure (tried it myself).

Regards,

Graham

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

When you are doing an EHP installation on an SAP system in addition to the SP's there will be new kernel brought in. This is taken care by the SAP upgrade tool which is the SUM tool.

If you SPAM this is not possible as SPAM will only take care of the SP's

I suggest you to fix the problem in Solution Manager and recreate the stack file.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Let me guess:  the xml refers to the production system SID and hostname and you running this in DEV or Sandbox first?  If so, you will need to edit the XMl file to change the SID and hostname throughout.  There is a sap report to do this, but I've never got that to work

Regards,

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello graham,

that error is from SUM and the xml was provided from solman 7.1. I think some software components are missing and cant figure out from where. In the software tab, in the software component version, the bp-crm 70 700v1 and bp-instass 600v7 are not checked. do you know in which product instance to insert them?

thx

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, you need to make sure your system data has been properly maintained using the SLD and LMDB before running mopz.

Regards

Juan

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Most probably an incorrect product system assignment in Solution Manager.

LMDB->SID->Software->Software Components Versions.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have softwares missing most likely from your installable directory. When you get the error you will get a link to find out what is missing on the SUM tool itself. Open that link and open all the nodes and patiently analyze what is missing.

Technically speaking there is a possibilty of running the SUM without a stack.xml but then you need t make sure that the directory containing installables is perfect !!

Regards.

Ruchit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

The report RPT_MOPZ_COPY_STACK_XMLwill work provided both the systems are on same release at the time of copy. You can't create a copy once the source system is upgraded. 

So if have 4 systems with same components and all hooked up to the same SOLMAN you can create stack.xml for the 1st one and immediately create 3 copies one each for following systems.

Of course the better approach is to defined all the 4 systems in the solution and then generate stack.xml for all 4 of them in one single go by selecting all the 4 systems.