Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry client halt during complex table update

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

[Migrated from the Syclo Resource Center]

yangchen   08/25/2011 15:58,

hi, there:The agentry 5.2 client on a Motorola MC9500 (Windows Mobile 6.5) halt during sync with server. The stop point is the complex table sync. I have to reinstall the agentry client on the device and then the sync is back to normal.There is an entry in knowledge base.http://resource.syclo.com/development/kb/agentry-client-hangs-during-tra...However, this case talks about Agentry client running on Windows Vista/later OS.What's the solution for Windows Mobile on device?I don't know the reason why the application runs without this issue for weeks.Is the reinstallation the only way to get out of the application halt?Thanks.-Yang

Steve Streeter   08/25/2011 20:28

Yang,Does this happen only on delta Sync, and not initial?

Can you sent a full set of log files to Support@Syclo.com for review?

-Stephen Streeter

yangchen   08/26/2011 16:34

hi, Stephen:It is not an initial sync. The application was running for one day or two. I did some modification on Editor. Publihed. Then tried the sync on device. There is only one complex table. Do you mean the log on agentry server.

I did not backup the log for that time. However, I did checked those logs. Nothing special. And there is no more log after sth like "initable data table sync". etc. I will keep a log once I encounter this issue again.Is reinstallation the only solution for this issue?Is there any logging I can enable on device side?thanks a lot.-Yang

Steve Streeter   08/26/2011 16:44

Yang,I would like to see the long files for the next time you you see this issue.

If you can send them to Support I will be happy to review them for you.There is no logging on the device that you can turn on.

But if you can turn the server log files to the way set below I will let you know my findings:Please set the logging in the following mannerOpen up the Admin Console (AgentryGUI.exe).  It will connect to the already running server, or start the server if it hadn't been running already.Click on Edit  (This will be enabled after the server is done loading)->Log Settings.Right click on each of the logs in the subsequent screen,  Select 'Yes' for 'Separate File?'  and   'Low- Most detail' for  'Level' for each .  Click on 'Apply'Before reproducing the issue, click on 'Roll Logs'Proceed to reproduce the issue, and send us all of the log files that are located in the folder 'Logs' in the root server level.When this is done, return to the Admin Console and turn the logging off (Edit -> Log Settings, Right click on each of the logs and select 'off'', Click on 'Apply')

yangchen   08/29/2011 11:08

hi, Stephen:Thanks for the info.I am aware of the logging level of Agentry Server.

For that incident, I think the log level was "medium". I looked through the event log and a few others such as message log. There is no abnormal messages/records. The information logging stopped at sth like "initiate data table" (the complex table).I have been using Agentry client on device for weeks. There is only one occurence. In other words, the same problem is not easy to reproduce. I will set my server log level to low. In case this happens again, I will send log files to Agentry support.-Yang

uondhia   10/10/2011 05:57

Hi Yang,Did you ever resolve this?

I have found this with various versions of Agentry on Windows CE.Regards,Uday

yangchen   10/10/2011 16:57

hi, Uday:We encountered this issues on different builds of 5.2. The only solution we have when it happened is reinstalling the agentry client.

I tried to follow the KB article on not installing the client in the "program files" directory although this article was originally written for Win32 platform.

The problem does not occur frequently. Therefore, although I did not encounter the same issue after I changed the installation directory, I cannot be sure this solution definitely eliminates this issue.Hope my info help on your question and have fun hacking!-Yang

uondhia   10/11/2011 04:12

Hi Yang,Thanks for the feedback.

I concur with your observations.  I will let you know, if and when I come up with a solution.

Regards,Uday

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

b_punith
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi yang,

Did you ever resolved that issue ?

I'm facing the same issue.

Client device will stuck up with the screen "updating complex table" sometimes "remaining xx of xx".

Again I'm not able to sync it back until I re-install the client in the device.

Thanks,

Punith

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the client OS you are using?

b_punith
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Client is on WINDOWS OS.

I'm using Motorola MC65 device.

b_punith
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm using the Agentry Client 5.3.0.0.

I also would request you to let me know the present available agentry client version.

And does the versions impact on the complex table, if so why and how..??

Actually the complex table where my device getting stuck is the custom enhanced complex table.

Why I'm bothered is, my device is working properly and all the flow is proper but the device will work only for 2 or 3 days.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you getting a lot of rows download to the client on updates?  If it takes more then 5 minutes then the client might be timing up.  Does an error message come up? 

b_punith
Participant
0 Kudos

Kindly find the image below.

This is the problem which happens,  client will go stuck at the time if transmit.

Once the client is re-installed then the transmit will work properly.

I dunno why exactly after every 3 days it goes for a stuck, why it works fine for  3 days.

There is no problem in the ZCTcustomerDetails, from backend some around 5000 records is returned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How long does it take for the bapi to run?  If it is over 5 minutes the client connection can time out in that.

0 Kudos

Hi Punith

You might be having memory issues when a large complex table is brought down. I have run into this issue a few times on the windows mobile devices. You only have 32mb of memory per process.

It sounds that there might be a [Reload] of the CT every three days which pushes the device over the limit. It works the first time because no objects or screens would be in memory when it loads the CT tables for the first time.

if you exit the Agentry Client and open it again and transmit immediately without any other interaction does it still freeze? Most memory is released on exit.

If not you can delete the objects (collections ),transactions from the device and then try sync again. Exit application first. If that works then its probably a memory issue. You can also check the memory usage on the device although this is pretty inaccurate.

Another test would be is to create a application where all the IPAD / ANDROID and windows32 screens and screen sets are removed/deleted leaving only PPC. This will dramatically reduce the memory usage as they all get sent to the device. Also remove all indexes you know are not being used from all complex tables.

b_punith
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve/Rikardt,

I wanted to bring one more point in the perception of this.

We have 4 devices in Nos., which all runs for Work Manager.

If any in these 4 device get stuck like as it is shown above, the rest 3 are going to stuck up at that moment or at that point of time.

I mean they too are not going to synch.

Hence this is resolved by re-installation of client in every device.

Without re-installation it is not going to happen to work.

@ Steve: Not always it happens in ZCTcustomerDetails, sometime it also will get stuck up at  UOM and at the time of stuck it takes more than 5 minutes and finally log out and the application is closed, we can't again synch it, hence goes for a stuck, but re-installation of client will make this to work properly.

@Rikardt: I ensured that there are not much data returned in that particular MDO to which ZCTCustomerDetails is pointed.

Even if you exit the client immediately and try to open again, it will not synch and hence it again will go for a stuck.

Next I deleted the cache data where the client usually stores in root directorty \program files\agentry\(tables, styles blah blah.,) and tried to synch still it didn't worked for me.

Hence I re-installed, it worked.

But Y..??

For every 3 days..??

0 Kudos

Hi Punith

The memory problem happens on any Complex table downloads whether they are large or small. Once it hits its cap. How many orders are on the device? Are there loads of new custom screens? Try the 3rd option I gave and remove unused screens. The behaviour you describe sounds exactly what we had occurring on our devices.

I started having problems on the device with anything more than 30 orders. There is a memory leak on the Windows mobile client.   In my scenario it would randomly hang on CT downloads especially the Equipment Download which was huge.  Are there any CT table that has a reload set on it like the Equipment Table that kicks of every 3 days?