cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control-M scheduling for IDOC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are in PI 7.31 AEX(Java only) and have IDOC scenarios (batch message split scenario, inbound File into multiple IDOCs 15000+ nos using multimapping).

Now we are introducing Control-M for scheduling in legacy/PI/ECC. And Control-M needs a status file to be placed once the last IDOC reaches the ECC box from PI, so that it can trigger the inbound ECC batch job for IDOC posting.

Looked into below options, however doesn't look like the best approach,

1. add one more mapping to create file and put "Maintain order at runtime" in Interface determination level.

This will create EOIO scenario for all the IDOCs (15000+) and an additional file message, This will degrade the performance, since we have almost all the inbound interface has this requirement.

2. http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/08/20/integrating-file-scheduler-with-s...

- Since we have IDOC scenario with multimapping/creating multiple IDOC, this doesn't looks like the best solution.

Please let me know if we have any better ways to achieve the above scenario,

Thanks In Advance!!!

Cheers,

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

If you do have to use Control M for this scenario, I think the best option would be Option 1 mentioned by you. Create an additional message in the same mapping for a file receiver and do "Maintain order at runtime" check.

However, there is no guarantee that the IDocs have reached ECC but that's an obscure possibility.

>>>>>This will create EOIO scenario for all the IDOCs (15000+) and an additional file message,

I don't think so... I think it will just create EOIO for message1 having multple IDocs and Message2 with file message.

hope it helps!

Ambrish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Check if Control M has option to schedule ECC job with 30mins delay from end of legacy job, which ensures Idoc processing in PI and after 30 mins ECC job can be processed.

Going with this option we cannot ensure all the Idocs are processed successfully to ECC.

We can go for EOIO only when it is mandatory that all the Idocs should be available in ECC for processing the ECC job.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pranav for the reply

Time based Job scheduling is an option considered, however there could be a chance that all IDOCs has not reached PI ontime (chances are rare though), and this might lead to partial postings in ECC.

And more over all the other applications in the landscape is giving the status(Success/Failure) back to ControlM about their message processing. So controlM team wants to follow an unified approach possible

Cheers,
Rakesh