cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a service material during invoice issuing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I need to add a service material during invoice issuing for calculating the transportation cost. Business needs to have this service materil only in the invoice.

How can I implement this kind of requirement? Dou you have any idea?

Thanks&Regards,

Fabrizio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabrizio,

How about creating a separate Invoice for the Service Material and using Invoice List-Would that be okay to your requirement.

Alternatively, how about updating the Service Material in the Delivery and using it in the Invoice. The copy control will have to be handled to take care of the preeceding document reference (they can have the same Sales Order number and Item number as the one immediately above them). We have used this alternate solution for a similar project requirement.

Regards,

Shashi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How about creating a separate Invoice for the Service Material and using Invoice List-Would that be okay to your requirement.

There is a sales cycle, for this sales, some transportation charges are applicable. You are suggesting to have a separate billing document for these transportation charges!

Would a (separate) sales order be created (and then billing document) for these transportation charges?

How would the business link the billing document with transportation charges with the billing document of the sale?

How would the user give the transportation charges (would it be manual?)?

Could you please explain your suggestion of using Invoice list (as the "next" step)?

Thanks, in advance!

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Sorry for the delayed response. I was suggesting a separate Billing document for the Transportation charges because they want the service material only in the Invoice. I agree it is not a pretty solution-but workable yes. The document flow should take care of the link and the transportation charges can be manual or based on condition record depending on how pricing has been setup.

Thanks & Regards,

Shashi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is better to have the Service material at sales order level and while performing the billing provide both the Delivery number and the relevant sales order number so that both the deliverable materials as well as your service material can be invoiced in the same invoice.

Please let me know for any further clarification.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shashi,

Thanks. Will I be able to redetermine the pricing condition for the service material in order to calculate it as a percentage of the new value of the invoice?

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Fabrizio

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabrizio,

Yes, you should  be able to do the re-determination of the Pricing condition if 'Redetermine Pricing' has been set in configuration. Let me know in case you need additional details. I will send across the same.

Regards,

Shashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vemuri,

My requirement is the following:

Business wants to charge customers for transportation with a percentage of the net value of the invoice itself.

That's way i thought about inserting a service material during invoice.

Do you have any suggestions for achieving the requirement of my company.

Best regards,

Fabrizio

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot add service Material directly in Billing document without reference to preceding document

regards,

santosh