cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solaman Upgrade or Installation please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Gurus.

There is instruction from SAP that SAP Solution Manager 7.0, Ehp1 will come to end of mainstream maintenance by 31st Dec 2013, and there is no extended maintenance for this product, and advised to either upgrade or go in for a fresh installation of Solution Manager 7.1.

My D.B is on oracle 10g, gurus please suggest me how to proceed, which approach would be more easier upgrade or fresh installation, if i upgrade i need to perform D.B upgrade so i think i should go for fresh installation. As i am new to SAP please guide me the easiest approach...

Please Help Gurus.

Thanks & Regards

Khan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khan,

It depends upon the usage of the Solution manager system in your landscape.

If you have configured it only for EWA or something you can opt for the fresh instalation instead of going for an upgrade. Please list the current usage for the solution manager and decide it accordingly.

Regards,

Raja. G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Khan,

First decide whether to go for an upgrade or fresh installation. Fresh installation will erase all the configurations that are made in your SM system.

Regards,

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus.

How to check what all is configured in my soulution manger, is there any procedure.

Please Help Guru, thanks for your replies.

Regards

Khan

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Khan,

the rule is that:

"...the only consideration that you have to take in mind about take path for upgrade one is if you have a huge number of incidents, change documents, change request, etc...otherwise you have to select new instalation option..."

That's is because there is any SAP option to migrate old service desk message to new ITSM.

Regards,

Luis

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To add on to @Lluis's post, you would also loose projects, Early Watches, CQCs, SDCCN connections, metric information, alerting infrastructure, change mode for tx SMSY.

What you may want to do is leave your current SolMan in place and stop putting work into it, unless something breaks that is critical.  Setup a fresh installation and use the old one as a reference point until you can cut over to the 7.1 version.