cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter to automacally connect to FTP server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have one problum with FTP connection.My scenario is File to IDoc.In sender file adapter i am using FTP.Suppose if the FTP Server is down or any connection problum with FTP Server then the file adapter unable to process the messages and it gives the error.But if the <b>FTP server is up then also file adapter is unable to process the messages</b>.After restart the file adapter it is working fine.Every time restart the adapter is a typical job we dont know when the server is up/down.

My questin is there any process which enables File adapter to automatically connect to FTP server once FTP server is brought up after an outage.Is there any external settings need to be done.

Thanks in advance,

KP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in Visual admin for the service property to restart the file adapter.

For examle , in RFC receiver adapter we set the property

<b>initialRfcClientConnectCheck</b> to false.

Former Member
0 Kudos

KP,

you can have setting in Visual admin .Please do the follwoing setting

initialFileClientConnectCheck which is by default set to true. By setting this property to false we can force File Adapter to check the connection for every message being sent to the end system. SAPFile Adapter should be restarted for this property take into effect.

Connection setting in your file reciver adapter

or File per transfer

Regards

Seeram.G.Reddy

null

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make the connect mode as per File Transfer.

<i> Connect Mode

Permanently

An existing connection to the FTP server is used permanently.

The connection is reestablished automatically if it is closed by the server.

<b>Per File Transfer

A new connection to the FTP server is established for each file transfer.</b></i>

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for giving quick reply....

Here i am using per File Transfer only....then also if the server is up,file adapter unable to pick the file and giving the error.

Is there any pre process for checking the FTP server is available or connection available, in XI.Is there any weblog related to this problum.

Thanks in advance

KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

KP,

does this.

you can have setting in Visual admin .Please do the follwoing setting

initialFileClientConnectCheck which is by default set to true. By setting this property to false we can force File Adapter to check the connection for every message being sent to the end system. SAPFile Adapter should be restarted for this property take into effect.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try the option Sreeram has asked you to and let us know if it works.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeram,

I am working in SP 17.I unable to find the initialFileClientConnectCheck in Visual Admin.Can u plz tell me is it available in SP17.If available plz tell me the complete path.If not plz tell me the any other way.

Thanks in Advance,

KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

clcik on file adapter options in Visual adminstartor. can yu given options yoiu havein file adpter in visual admin

Regards

sreeram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i hope use shel script to check the connection..

Please see the below links

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/23/sender-xi-ftp-adapter-with-regular-path-expression-150-abap

Regrds

Chilla..