cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check group availability button in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When creating sales order, we suddenly found that one additonal yellow button(called check group availability ) has started appearing at the bottom of sales order main screen.

Why it is appearing and  where is the config for the same. We have GATP and APO too.

we need to hide it ?

regards

pamela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pamela,

Can you post a screenshot of this button? I checked on my system and do not see this button as part of screen 4050 in SAPMV45A (where the other check availability buttons are located). I suspect that these buttons are related to TM solution (note 1739079). But I would like to see a screenshot if you can provide one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Noel,

Ps find enclosed the screenshot. We aslo have SAP TM being installed currently !

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pamela,

I checked the release notes and came across the following:

LOG_TM_ORD_INT: Enhanced Scheduling in Sales Orders (New)

Use

As of SAP enhancement package 5 for SAP ERP 6.0 (SAP_APPL 605), business function ERP-TMS: Order Integration (LOG_TM_ORD_INT), you can also schedule sales orders in an external transportation management system.

The following transactions were enhanced for this purpose:

o Create Sales Order (transaction VA01) and Change Sales Order (transaction VA02)

When creating or changing sales orders, scheduling takes place in the connected transportation management system instead of the shipment scheduling and transportation scheduling in SAP ERP. The system schedules backwards from the requested delivery date. If the requested delivery date is not feasible or too close to today's date, forward scheduling takes place based on the material availability date. The ERP system expects the following standard dates when scheduling takes place in an external transportation management system: delivery date, goods issue date, loading date, material availability date, and transportation planning date. You can find these dates in the delivery schedule line view of the item data on the Shipping tab page.

If the business function is active, the availability of an item is not checked when Enter is pressed (this is how the system previously behaved). Instead, in the order view of the sales order, there are two new pushbuttons: Check Document Availability and Check Group Availability.

- Check Document Availability When checking document availability, the system schedules and checks the availability for all document items; it also checks any items that have already been checked.

- Check Group Availability When checking group availability, the system schedules and checks one item or several items together; here only new or changed items are checked. This check is also run when a document is saved.

The availability checking screen is displayed in accordance with your Customizing settings. For a material with a replenishment lead time, the replenishment lead time is displayed starting from the material availability date without calculated transportation and shipping times. In contrast, with scheduling in SAP ERP, the replenishment lead time is displayed inclusive of the calculated shipping and transportation times.

So presumably you have activated this business function. You can access the release notes by following this path:

https://service.sap.com/releasenotes

> SAP Solutions

> SAP ERP

> SAP ERP 6.0

> Enhancement Package 5

> Chapter 17 Logistics Execution (Page 20 of 25)