Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Creation - Negative cumulated ATP quantities

former_member205075
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I would want to share with you the following case to see if somebody has encountered the same issue:

For a specific material, the ATP Cumulated quantity has gone negative (due to unexpected goods movement).

In the customizing settings for ATP Group, I have set Cumulation on confirmed qty. In this situation, I execute in ECC transaction VL01N in order to manually create a delivery for SO 2570717 and the system will still allow it.

What I would expect is the system to block delivery creation in this case.

Is anybody familiar on the settings I may have missed in order to block delivery creation in case of negative cumulated ATP quantities?

Thanks in advance

Salvador

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Salvador,

Your first screen shot shows the display with Business Event A.  This is not relevant for deliveries; please display with Business Event B (deliveries).

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member205075
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!.

thanks for the quick response! Indeed you are right about the screenshot, but it was just an error when taking copying it. I was always actually checking on Event B. The thing is that with event B (Deliveries) I had the same behavior...

We found the solution somewhere else in the meantime:

- In ERP there is the possibility to link Item Category with MRP type and give as a result a specific check mode (Requirement type) that was not the one we initially thought.

- On APO side the checking instructions set up for this check mode had defined "No check" on the product check field.

Regards

Salva

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Salvador,

You are checking the ATP overview with Business Event "A" -> this is for the sales order ATP check. In case you create deliveries the business event is "B" and has usually a smaller scope of check (just other deliveries and no sales orders). Please recheck the ATP view with business event "B" and you will see no negative cumulated ATP qty. 

You might add the sales orders to your scope of check for deliveries to prevent the ATP confirmation. But this might block your delivery creation e.g. you have a negativ cum. ATP due to sales order which are far in the future. So just recheck your business needs and change the customizing to your needs.

Hope it helps to understand the system behavior.

best regards,

Michael