cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alternative sales document type error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears;

I have defined alternative sales document types for a certain sales order type in customizing. when I try to change the sales order type in VA02, I receive the following error message:

Changes to sales document type are not possible (item category of item 000010)

Message no. V1847

Diagnosis

You cannot enter any values for the item category for item 000010. This means that you cannot change the sales document type.

I have searched about why the system gives such a message, I found that it was due to the fact that the item category for this sales order type is defined as configurable (structure Scope = D "Configuration, poss. with BOM explosion"). when I changed the structure scope field in the Item Cat. to blank, the error message disappeared.

so my question is; is there any way we can get this functionality to work with configurable materials???

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nahla

I hope you have read F1 help of alternative document type field in VOV8. If you have fulfilled all the prerequisites and still facing the error then check with your item category assignment too. Main item and sub items for both document types. Did you check by creating both the documents drectly in VA01? Check separately and see if system is allowing to process.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear;

thank u for ur reply

i have checked the item category determination (including settings for manual item category entry) and it's the same for both documents.

the point is, i know the problem is that the item category is configurable, because when I cleared the structure scope field in the item category (i.e. made the item non-configurable), it worked and the system stopped giving the error message.

so I am wondering if there is a way to change the sales document type of a sales order with configurable items??

thanks,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nahla,

Plz share screen shot of both sales document type (VOV8).

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arun;

I have reviewed the configuration of both documents and they are identical except for the document pricing procedure and Delivery types.

I have changed the item category to be non-configurable and the system stopped giving the error message. However, when I changed the item category back to being configurable, the system gave the same error message again,

Thanks and best regards,