cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table uses obsolete aggregation 'COLUMNS'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, experts! I'm new to Web Dynpro for ABAP. As is shown in the first image below, I'm doing enhancement for a Web Dynpro Component. But when I right-click the table ITEMS_TABLE and choose 'Insert Group Column' in Web Dynpro for ABAP, a window always pops up to show that Table ITEMS_TABLE' uses obsolete aggregation 'COLUMNS'(shown in the second image). Could you tell me why I would receive this kind of message?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shelwin,

The COLUMNS aggregation is obsolete and should not be used anymore. It is not possible to insert grouped columns in that table with that status. So long as the table columns have not been converted, columns cannot be inserted.

Procedure : In change mode columns can be converted using the context menu of that table. Afterwards all the columns are transferred to the new GROUPED_COLUMNS aggregation.

Refer this : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/6b/390e422dfcde2ce10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Thanks

Katrice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Katrice!

But it is not really true that 'So long as the table columns have not been converted, columns cannot be inserted'. When I choose 'Insert Group Column' in context menu and close the pop-up window shown in the second image above, a new column will be created under table 'ITEMS_TABLE'. And at this time, I can adjust the new column's position in the columns that already exist(let's call them 'old columns'). However, I cannot adjust the position of the one in the old columns.

When I choose 'Convert Table Columns' in the context menu, all columns will be changed with the new column going to the first position and cannot adjust anymore. And it is the most interesting thing that if I activite this web dynpro component, then back to the sap easy access screen and enter this view layout screen again, the old columns change back to the initial state, but the new line maintains the converted state and go to the last position. I think when shown in portal, the new column will be in the last position too. However, I am completely mistaken. The new column is shown in the first position in portal!

Oh, I am totally confused now...

By the way, could you tell me what's the difference between new group column and the old one?

Answers (0)