Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to close the pending PO

Keshi1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

PO No. 45XXXXXXXX.
In first line item PO qty is 100 Nos. But received only 60 Nos.

Remaining 40 Nos will not come.

In our report 40 Nos is showing as Open.

How to close the PO without changing the PO qty to 60 Nos.
I tried to tick in Deliv. Completed in Delivery Tab. But still it is showing in ME2L & ME2M report as still to be deivered.
I have checked with T code ME23N as well it is still allow to do a GR against the PO.

Kindly help me in this matter.

Regards

Kesharika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To close PO, you have following options and choose best option for you.

Option-1: Reduces the purchase order quantities from 100 to 60(already receipt quantity) of that purchase order and then set the delivery completed indicator(DCI)

Option-2: Can use to enter Latest GR Date (PO item in delivery TAB), which will not allow receipt beyond that date & set message M7 163 as Error in following path.
SPRO -> Material Management ->Inventory Management and Physical Inventory
->Define Attributes of System Messages

NOTE:
In standard, system even the delivery completed indicator (DCI) is set in purchase order, you can do goods receipt if all quantities in purchase order not completely receipt in the system and if it is needed by business use BADI: MB_GOODSMOVEMENT_DCI to control the goods receipt  according to DCI.

Regards,

Biju K

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kesharika,

Please reduce the PO quantity by 40 so that the GR quantity matches the PO quantity. Set the delivery completed indicator. If you want to close the PO then there should be a 3 way match between PO quantity, GR quantity and IR quantity. If all 3 quantities match then you can place delete indicator for a line item.

Regards,

Nikhil

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look at the screen shot of selection parameter we101

with this settings you actually tell the ME2M and ME2L list displays to list all items where the delivered quantity is less than the ordered quantity.

with the Del.Cmpl indicator checked SAP takes it into account and will not list items having this indicator set in the PO. Red the F1 field help to this indicator.

It is subject to customizing what is displayed in the purchasing list reports

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

Did you try ? .........

My advise is related with MEMASSPO tcode.

Steps .

*Go to tcode Memasspo

*After that select item related fields and EGLKZ - ELIKZ

*Filled with your po and list your po's

-Run to solultion

You can not implement, i can add print shoots...

M.Ozgur Unal

former_member190665
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If delivery complete indicator cannot help in this scenario,please consider delete the PO item by T-code ME22N.

Best regards

Allen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want this on specific
one or two POs then best practice is delivery
complete

But you want to config same then use the-IMG-MM-Purchasing-Material
Master-Define Purchasing Value
Keys-GR/IR Control-Tol. Under delivery in config.

I think it helps you.

Regards,

Sumant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its general problem for all. In my company what we do ,

(1) We can change the qty as per GRN qty and PO can be closed .In this case PO will de-released and you have to release PO again otherwise auditor can take objection since GR is already done, so how PO showing derelease.

(2) You can block item ,so that further GR not done but you cannot delete item when Partial qty GRN is already done.In this case you will not get correct report from ME2N report.

(3) You can tick flag "Delivery completed"  In "Delivery" tab  in item detail & close the line item. Pls refer below screenshot.

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a lock will not solve the problem.

Locked items remain active for MRP and will block this PO from archiving in future.

a lock is by design on meant as a short term solution, e.g. to avoid a GR until the price is finally negotiated and updated.

the delivery complete will usually close the PO.

what will be shown in ME2M  or ME2L is dependend on the customizing of scope of list for purchasing list reports.

former_member186100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JL,

I agree to you at this point for material procurement, but just for my knowledge can you throw some light in case when we are working external service procurement , i.e item category D.

In case of such purchase orders delivery complete indicator is of not much significance rather in default system, delivery completion indicator is suppressed even for display. Few SAP notes talk about final service entrysheet indicator in SES. But in case short closure is required at some mid point where SES is not available , what could be the right way of closing such service orders?

Warm regards

Avinash Goswami

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have actually some difficulties to understand the term "short close" and why this is needed at all.

Are the business processes wrong defined? Are there vendors who do not want to get paid?

Are there buyers who do not adjust the PO to reflect what they negotiated by telephone?

From my point of view such POs need even more attention than just a short close. One has to understand what went wrong to do the necessary actions, which could be quite different from PO to PO.

I often saw that such short-closes are forced with ABAP reports and direct table changes, which may solve an isolated issue today, but from an overall point of view they often created more damage which may be uncovered years later when you try to archive the POs.

Anyhow, OSS Note 735404 - Delivery completed indicator, final entry sheet indicator

explains some alternatives that you can do and what result you can expect from them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how can this block be removed from the service purchase order line item if the purchase requisition linked to the order has been deleted.

when I try to remove the block I get a error message that the PO quantity differs with the PR quantity.

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is the message true or false? what is the PR quantity , what your PO  quantity?

former_member211635
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In me22n please select line item and do delete / block as shown below

if you mark it delete - it will not show in me2m

If you mark it block - It will still show in me2m

In either case it will not alow you to do GR further

Thanks

Nishu

former_member1186946
Participant
0 Kudos

Select the the line item & then click on lock icon & save it will show in the report

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.