cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Connector to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any of you worked on BC to XI migration? I am wondering how complex or easy it would be. I understand converting BC services to XLST would help. I don't know it would be wise to just rewrite all the interfaces in XI directly. Any input would be really appreciated.

Regards,

AG Ammanur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Any of you worked on Business connector? I want to know how do i create one service in Business connector. and want to connect SAP system to non-SAP system

Thanks for your help

sarath

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am eagerly waiting for an answer on my question posted here in the forum which more or less addresses the same issue ...

As far as I understood, the only portable thing is indeed the XML mapping via XLST ... unfortunately this is about 1% of what we have done so far on the SAP BC ...

If there is no real 'webmethods simulation adapater engine' available for XI (see my previous posting) then you can probably forget about migration at all ...

Steven

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AG and Steven,

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier.

It is correct that standards like XSLT mappings can be re-used in an SAP XI implementation, but SAP BC specifics, e. g. flow language, can not be re-used but would have to be re-developed.

However, we will work on roll-out material in order to show how certain SAP BC scenarios can be realized with SAP XI. Furthermore, SAP BC and SAP XI can be used together so that a fast and complete replacement of SAP BC would not be necessary; e. g. if customers developed complex mappings with SAP BC, these mappings can be still used in a scenario, where both SAP BC and SAP XI are utilized; for the mapping the SAP BC mapping can be called from SAP XI, while SAP XI takes care of the messaging, routing etc.

Hope that answers your questions, Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we have actually looked into this and have developed some tools to support an upgrade of the mappings from BC to XI (2.0). There are some cases which will require manual work, mainly if some of the BC java libraries have been used and they are not released to be used in the XI without licensing issues.

In our humble opinion the automatic upgrade is not restricted to XSLT mappings.

If you are interested to know more about this then feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,

Kalle Pokkinen

kalle.pokkinen@xrsolution.com

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thx for the update ... could you be more specific on the webmethods "adapter" for XI ... Any information on that one?

Thx,

Steven

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

Unfortunately there won't be a simulation adapter engine provided

Sorry, Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

WebMethods is one of several adapter providers to the Exchange Infrastructure solution. iWay and SEEBURGER are two other providers.

We are building an adapter eco-system around XI to provide packaged application adapters (JDE, PeopleSoft, etc.), in addition to our own technical adapters (JMS, JDBC, etc) and industry solution (RosettaNet, CIDX, etc) adapters.

In XI 3.0 we will most likely certify a JCA (Java Connector Architecture) based adapter framework that allows various companies to provide XI with adapters.

Regards,

Anders

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranum,

Ok ... so webmethods is an adapter provider that provides an industry solution package for CIDX ...

My simple question is whether that industry solution is then specifically written for XI (so ported) or is it just their already existing solution written for their integration server which runs fine on XI ...

If the latter is the case then I would like to now how this is possible without actually simulating their integration server in one way or another ...

I know I keep returning on this subject but I would like to get a good understanding of the matter ...

Thx,

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

With webMethods we have shared the XI message protocol so that they can produce the message format that the Integration Server expects. That means we can use the webMethods B2Bi server and its adapters. Hence the CIDX adapter is not ported to XI specifically. One side of the B2Bi server from wM you have the XI interface, on the other side you have the CIDX adapter. wM doesn?t run on the Integration Server, but with, in a separate runtime.

For XI 3.0 SAP will provide our own developed CIDX adapter.

Best Regards,

Anders

jose_velasco
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Steven.

In addition to what Anders described, as part of the XI 3.0 adapter suite, we will offer an SAP Business Connector Adapter for XI (a bridge) that will allow XI (via the adapter) to speak the B2B protocol.

This means that if you have a partner who speaks the SAP BC B2B protocol you could replace your SAP BC with XI and continue to speak to your partner the way you do today with your SAP BC .

Regards.

José

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is already a bridge developed by webMerthods that allows to exchange meassages between the webMethods Integration platform and XI.

SAP already resells that bridge together with the webMethods Integration Server as an Adapter runtime to allow running webMethods adapters.

Regards,

Thomas

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could this actually mean that one can run a custom developed Webmethods package on the add-on adapter webmethods runtime for XI?

Thx,

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

We set up, together with webMethods a demo scenario to integrate a Siebel CRM-sytem and a RosettaNet partner in Exchange Infrastructure using the adapters from webMethods.

Helmut Skolaut,

Siemens Business Services