cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution manager_document authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I am in SOLAR01, Business blueprinting. In SOLAR01, in "Project documentation" tab, i am maintaing some five documents.

In the above five documents, first 2 documents i wants to give just "View" authorization for some project team member. For the same above 2 documents i wants to give "Edit" authorization for some other project team members.

Like that, depends on the team member who login, the document authorization to be maintained.

How to maintain? which authorization object needs to be used for this?

Thanks

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Check if this helps you:

1. In solar_project_admin, in tab Proj. Team Member, you must maintain

all users assigned to the projects, and mark the flag

"Restrict changes to nodes in project to assigned team members"

You need change authorization for the tab (authorization object

AI_SA_TAB), for the assigned team members to be able to work in the tab.

2. In SOLAR01 you need to assign at the node level in Administration

tab the users that are the owner of the node.

The users not assigned in this SOLAR01-Administration tab will get only

display rights.

Best regards,

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dolores,

Thanks. But i am facing the problem with only document management. I have done whatever u have told. By doing so, we can only control node access with respect to team member.

I will explain one scenario.

Let us assume, in one single node, three team members are working. Each team member prepares some document for that same node.

Team member1( He can have all the authorizations View,Change&delete)-prepares 2 documents(namely DOC1 & DOC2) for that node.

For DOC1:

He wants to give authorization to "team member2" only to view the document. For the same document, he wants to give authorization to "team member 3" to view & change.

For Doc2:

He wants to give authorization to "team member2" only to "delete" the document. For the same document, he wants to give authorization to "team member 3" to view & change. (Not to delete).

So now "team member2" logins to the system. He enters into that node.(Project documentation tab)

If he selects the entire row of DOC1, the authorization is only "View" icon should be highlighted.

If he selects the entire row of DOC2, the authorization is only "Delete" icon should be highlighted.

This is my scenario. I am working with authorization object "S_IWB" , 'S_IWB_ATTR". There some "folder group" & "Area" option is available. Through that it may be possible.

Please give your valuable inputs

Thanks

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could anyone reply on this. It will be very much appreciable.

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have solved the problem.

Thanks for your inputs

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Senthil,

Can you pls share with us how u solved the pbm?

best regds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The authorization is based on folder groups. create the folded group in SPRO.

Assign this folder group in PFCG, in authorization object S_IWB with your required authorization ( Create, change or display). Then assign this folder group in SOLAR01/SOLAR02 in your document attributes.

Now run (execute) the program in SE38,SOLAR_FOLDER_CHECK_AND_CREATE.

Regards

Senthil