cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to approach the second version of an existing GW service?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed our first NW Gateway service and passed the certification as well.

Based on the existing certified Gateway service (version 1), I want to extend the existing service using the code base that has been developed for the version 1.

How do I deliver the second version of the extended service?

Does NW Gateway provide a concept to extend the code base of the previous version to deliver the next version?

I could not find any documentation or guideline on how to develop a new version of an existing service. Can someone point me to the appropriated documentation?

Many thanks for your help!

Kind regards,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Andreas,

When you create a model and service (not the classes, but the proxies in HUB) you can mention version there. So with the same service/model name with a version say 0002, that can point to a different Data/Model Provider class.

When you register a service, you can give the same name and the version you gave earlier.

See the screen of /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE, and you can see the version there.

So you would need a different implementations (different MPC and DPC) for different versions.

To call the second version, you mention it in the URI.

URI sample is

......................./myservice;v=2

As you said documents are not much helpful in this area. These links may be useful.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_gateway20sp04/helpdata/en/56/cb9c43787b468b856a321edb63d611/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_gateway20sp06/helpdata/en/e3/cf9c0e0b234be08f0b4ae4a0af16f6/content.htm

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

many thanks for your reply.

Each version of an existing service has its own code base so that different customers can use different versions of the service.

Have a nice weekend.

Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I'm dealing with the same issue. Your links don't work anymore. Would you provide a new link, pls?
Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Virinchy for your quick reply

Answers (0)