cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.31 moving back to ABAP Stack?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Heard that PO is moving back to ABAP stack from the lone Java Stack that it has now due to performance issues, not immediately though may be coming few months.

Does anyone have any clarity on the same?

Regards,

Sriram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member186145
Participant
0 Kudos

Sriram:

Maybe, this link can help you:  http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-37492

Dario R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Thanks for your response. What i meant its moving back to the dual stack architecture instead of lone Java stack.

Hi Mark,

I have just had this discusssion with few of the PI guys who have also heard this. Nothing but just whispers probably from unconfirmed sources. Not sure if its true thats why just wanted people to confirm oif they have heard anything similar.

Regards,

Sriram

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

PO is currently available in both dual stack and Java only options. So it can't move back to dual stack architecture as it already exists.

PO is moving towards a single stack Java only environment. Perhaps this is what the PI guys were talking about.

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I understand that PI 7.31 is available in dual as well as Lone Java. However what i meant was that instead of following the PO approach of moving to Lone Java stack, SAP seems to be getting back to the traditional dual stack architecture instead of going to lone java(which is the current approach). This is what i heard, hence wanted some one to clarify.

Apologies if my earlier question/comment was unclear.

Regards,

Sriram

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sriram,

It is very unlikely that SAP will move back to development and propogation of the dual-stack architecture of PI - at least in the foreseeable future. During recent several years, SAP invested a lot in enhancement of Java stack of PI and its enrichment with features that were originally located in ABAP stack of PI as well as with new features. Nowdays, most (nearly all) functionality of classic dual-stack is available in Java-only installation option of PI. So, even though SAP continues to support dual-stack installations of PI 7.4, they do not plan to invest much in ABAP stack of PI (so no major new functionality should be expected there - in contrast to Java stack of PI that is evolving significantly) and motivate customers to consider Java-only based scenarios in PI to be qualified as more preferrable in comparison to classic (involving dual-stack processing).

As a reference, please check the following document: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33703 .

Regards,

Vadim

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sriram,

Where did you hear this - can you reveal your sources? 

Regards

Mark

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Please have a look at these installation options:

You can install an ABAP stack on a 7.3(1) system, but that is not mandatory.

I do not know what you exactly mean with moving back to ABAP, but your will never have a ABAP only stack. This was also the case in the past.

And performance issues? Be sure you size your system well and use all the features SAP offers you. You will face no performance issues.

Kind regards,

Dimitri