cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCo destinations is Not Created When Development Component is Deployed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Developers,

"When you deploy a Web Dynpro application that uses an adaptive RFC model, the required JCo destinations are created in the development component containing the RFC model."

But this does not happen in my case.

I am using NWDS7.3 SP7.

I had successfully deployed an WDP development component to the server, however I find the error:

com.sap.conn.jco.JCoException: (106) JCO_ERROR_RESOURCE: Destination WD_PS04_RFC_METADATA_DEST does not exist

When I was using NWDS7.0, JCo destinations are created when application is deployed.

So, I go to JCo Maintenance, and try to create the missing JCo destination. Ping successful. Tested Successful. But when I try to run the application, error still shows as above.

Please assist me. Thanks in advance!!

- kit yein -

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi kityein lai,

Jun Wu is correct, as of 710 the ARFC2/JCO related destinations have to be maintained in the destinations, not in WD Content admin.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/50f7192d-2808-2d10-189b-df3fa5f71abf

See -->

Caveat Confector!

ARFC1 destinations were created using the Web Dynpro Content Administrator tool. This tool is still available for compatibility reasons, but the destinations it creates are

not used by ARFC2 models!

Instead, you should use the “Destinations” tool found on the Configuration Management screen of the NetWeaver Administrator.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for the suggestions!

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you are welcome 😉

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try a server re-start.

At occasions, JCos do not get recognized. Re-start should solve the issue.

Regards,

Sharath

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to maintain the rfc destination in nwa.

your 7.0 experience is applicable for 7.3

http://host:port/nwa/destinations, if i am not wrong.

just create two rfc destination, like those two JCO destination.