Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Update during transfer order confirmation

arvind_soni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have Business requirement where in when creating Transfer Order, we have to switch storage location during Batch and Bins search. We have created enhancement during TO creation to switch storage location and have implemented Batch determination. System first looks for the stock in 1001 storage location and if not found or incomplete then looks for 1000 storage location. We have implemented another user exit to split transfer order Item so that we get 2 different transfer order created for two storage location.

Issue1:- When Transfer Order is created the picked quantity in delivery is getting updated but it does not perform the delivery item split based on storage location

Issue2:- When transfer order is confirmed and if same batch is determined in both storage location then delivery item is not splitted.

We know that problem is we have different storage location in delivery, but we need to update the delivery during TO confirmation with storage location and Batch determined in tranfer order.

Does some one have any idea if this is actually possible to implement or any alternative solution.?

Regrads,

Arvind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

As per your scenario, there will be different quants even though there is one batch.

If two quants are there , TO will have two line items for single delivery line item.

In my view system should update the two line items in the delivery back with picking quantities for each batch.

Create the scenario -- One Delivery line item - quantity 5- Create one TO for Delivery by selecting Two same batch numbers with quantity 2 & 3 - Try to confirm the TO with debug mode & get the reason why the storage location is not getting updated back into the delivery while TO confirmation.

Hope you will get the solution. Confirm your observation, so that further approach may be decided.

Regards,

MG

arvind_soni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

I have debugged the standard to find out how the pick quantity is udpated, as per standard during picking quantity udpate storage location is not at all considered and this is causing the issue.In case batches are diffferent for same item then it work fine but not when batch are same for the item

For example if BAPI for delivery change is called for same line item with 2 different quantities but with same batch then system accumulates quantity per batch and updates the pick quantity, it does not consider storage location as key when spiltting the items.

Hi Binu,

We cannot split delivery for my scenario during delivery creation. Reason, I have storage location 1000 and 1001 where as 1001 is same as 1000 but here the materials are already customs duty paid. This storage location physically does not exist in real life but will exist in system to refer stock of material for which taxes/duty is already paid. Stock should be consumed from 1001 when creating TO for specific customer. During delivery creation batch determination is not configured and hence we do not know at this time how much quantity should be created for what storage location

Thank you!

Arvind

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

I am happy that you got the program de-bugged. I am giving below the scenario to you for more clear understanding.

Sloc 1000- batch A112- Stock 2 Tons

Sloc 1001- batch A112- Stock 3 Tons

Delivery Quantity = 5 Tons.

TO created wrt to Delivery - TO will have  two line items, as per above scenario there will be two quants in the system.

While Confirming the TO, these quantities will be updated into the Delivery Picking quantitites.

Catch: Now the IM doesn't have full stock i.e. 5 ton in one storage location. While confirming the TO, Delivery picking quantities can not be udpated on one storage location. If this is happening you should go for Creating a New OSS with SAP in service market place , because this seems system bug.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arvind,

One way to fix this is to determine the Storage location while creating the Delivery. This could be done for each line item of delivery, updating both Delivery line item and TO.

Thank you,

Binu

arvind_soni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Binu,

We cannot determine storage location at delivery level as we have batch determination activated at the time of transfer order creation. The batch determination in turn is dependent on the storage location we have set up in LS53 (as a classification)

As of now I have implemented, TO split user exit to perform the Batch split of delivery during TO creation. Once TO is being saved, control goes to delivery save as it updates the pick quantity; at this time in save document prepare I am modifying the document flow internal table to get the desired result. This seems to work fine, but if some one has a better solution then it would be nice to have

Thanks

Arvind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

My understanding is that we cannot have two sloc's for one delivery line item. I would do the following

1. Determine SLOC while creating delivery ( one line item per material per SLOC).

2. Then create the TO ( In this case you won't have to split the TO's for different SLOC's; The batch will be determined while creation of TO).

Thank you,

Binu