cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update a business graphics using external data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My development task is to design a WD application showing some "real-time" business data in a graphical chart. The data is sent from an external system through http or soap.

My question is how I can capture the data in WD to update the chart? For example, a device sends out a temperature read every second using http or soap. How can I capture this data and add it to my existing data set so that the chart is updated accordingly?

One of my thoughts is to store the data into a file or database, and then a WD app with a timer can read the file or database every second and then update the screen (chart). But maybe this is not an elegant way to achieve this.

Any one has any idea? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Hart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Updating the Business grpahics(BG) depends upon how your populating the context associated with BG.

For my knowledge there is no way we can show graphical chart directly from an URL.

So read the data from the URL and store it a file or database and then populate the context associated with BG.

Before populating just invalidate the context so that it will load the context again with out any duplicate data.

Regards, Anilkumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is a weblog

/people/perumal.kanthan/blog/2005/04/07/business-graphics-real-time-scenariospart-i

hope this helps you

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you want is a "push" channel which is currently not available.

You might try a "polling" solution instead using the TimedTrigger UI element. This may be used to send requests to the server at defined intervals.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your inputs! This is what I thought...

I currently set the data through a web service, and then use a TimedTrigger to poll the data also through a web service and update the chart.

Best regards,

Hart