Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO Explorer on a Bex Query

josef_knzli
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear experts

My users love BO Explorer - with good reason - and would like to see SAP FI data from SAP BW. The thing is that this data is only useful when based on a Bex Query because of the restricted and calculated keyfigures. Is there a decent way to build an Explorer Information Space on a Bex Query? I see no way to use BICS connections, or am I mistaken?

Alternatively can I build an unx. directly on a Bex Query or on a BICS connection to a Bex Query?

Any advise is highly appreciated

Josef

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Josef,

also check following KBA:

1910204 - How to create the Explorer report on top of Bex Query in BI 4.0

Best regards,

Victor

josef_knzli
Explorer
0 Kudos

Great, thank you Victor

Although it feels somehow awkward to create a .unv ( a BO 3.x thing) and combine it with an information space (a BO 4.1 thing), but I will upgrade our BO and give it a try.

thanks and regards

Josef

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josef,

if it takes a long time before you can upgrade your BO Server, you could try in the meantime with following approach:

Best regards,

Victor

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

josef_knzli
Explorer
0 Kudos

For anyone who stumbled upon this discussion, in the meantime I solved it like this:

have fun.

Josef

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josef,

For large data size sitution, please try to use BWA connection for BO Explorer

Best regards

Alex yang

josef_knzli
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Unfortunately to use BWA we have rather a small budget situation than a large data situation

Josef

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Josef,

As you many know, in 4.0, Explorer does not have a direct connectivity to Bex query (through BICS) and instead you will have to create a .unx using JCo connector. But, JCo cannot connect to Bex query and it can only connect to the infoprovider.

This is already submitted as an idea at www.ideas.sap.com. You may check the same below:

https://ideas.sap.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?idea_id=%7B774BC08E-302A-4316-B14E-9FB4370D42FB%7D

I found a related KBA. Please check if the following could be useful:

1883707 - BI 4.0: How to create a Information Space based on one BEx query from Business Warehouse A...

Regards,

Madhumitha