cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overview of view element properties bound to context attributes

alejandro_bindi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there any standard or custom tool out there that shows an overview of ALL the view element properties bound to context for a given view?

It happens to me frequently when developing in WDA that the impact of changing a certain context attribute in a view is not immediately visible.

For example, in a view with several elements, some attribute (or the attribute properties REQUIRED / READ_ONLY / VISIBLE / ENABLED) could be bound to one or two inputfields (hidden inside several containers). If modifying some component this way you wouldn't notice the impact until you try for example to delete the attribute.

It would help both to avoid this errors and for overall component design to have an overview binding table which shows something like this:

ViewUI elementPropertyContext attribute / Context attrib. property
V_VIEWINPUT1READ_ONLYNODE.ATTRIBUTE.READ_ONLY
V_VIEWINPUT1VALUENODE.ATTRIBUTE

Does such thing exist?

I searched a bit inside package SWDP_METADATA_API_VIEW but found nothing...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alejandro_bindi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I searched a bit more in that package but this time starting from DDIC, and found table WDY_UI_CTX_BIND, seems to be almost exactly what I need. Function module WDYV_GET_OBJECT returns its contents on parameter UI_CONTEXT_BINDINGS.

With this info it's very simple to develop a custom report.

Yet, this would be a nice addition to the SE80 WDA editor itself. So if there's any SAP employee responsible reading, please take note of my suggestion.

Regards

Answers (0)