cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart setup sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I’m working in a case where we use sequence dependent setup activities (using the setup matrix) in PPDS and I have a scenario where we optimize each week detailed schedule. What I need is to restart the setup sequence at the beginning of the week because the resources are cleaned every weekend. During that cleaning the resource is prepared for the next week’s production so the first order of the next week shouldn’t have a setup time. ¿How can I do this?

• I tried using downtimes on weekends, but the optimizer still uses the last order’s characteristics to calculate the setup time of the next week first order.
  • If I reduce the planning period in the DS table to the second week, the optimizer stills take into account the sequence of the first week.
  • I may use a dummy order at the beginning of each week, but I would like to avoid this because is difficult to maintain.

Thanks,

Jorge

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

Since the setup times are calculated dynamically in PPDS optimizer, it always uses the setup key information to calculate so, only way we was able to achieve no setup time after weekend was to have a Dummy order created using a dummy PPM  and assign a setup key such that there are no setup times when we transition from that.

you can generate these dummy orders using a Z program or heuristics.

I don't think we have any other option, will wait for other experts to respond.

Rgds,

Kiru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiru,

The dummy solution works, but the problem is to create and fix the orders every week. Which heuristic can i use to do this?

Thanks,

Jorge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

we actually used standard lot for lot heuristics to generate orders by inducing safety stock requirement for that dummy product, and this dummy product should have a PPM with the primary resource(  the resource were we want dummy orders)  and added the secondary resource ( dummy one - which will be open only on weekends) and mark this one as the calendar resource.

But i feel creating a ABAP program to generate dummy orders on fixed timings would be more easy than the above approach.

Rgds,

Kiru

Answers (0)